The Leftovers [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : The Leftovers

Worf101
07-01-2014, 08:35 AM
"The Leftovers" - Meh... not quite sure what to make of this whole thing. Just too much... way too confusing and NOT in a good way. I don't have the stomach for another "LOST", years and years of investment with little or no payoff (at least nothing that made any %#$#@! sense to me!). And the confusion figuring out the world of Westeros leaves me little time to play "story story what's the bloody story". I'll give it a couple of more weeks then after that... GONE!!!!
Worf

dean_martin
07-28-2014, 08:01 AM
"The Leftovers" - Meh... not quite sure what to make of this whole thing. Just too much... way too confusing and NOT in a good way. I don't have the stomach for another "LOST", years and years of investment with little or no payoff (at least nothing that made any %#$#@! sense to me!). And the confusion figuring out the world of Westeros leaves me little time to play "story story what's the bloody story". I'll give it a couple of more weeks then after that... GONE!!!!
Worf

Are you still watching this? We've been "dvr-ing", but have watched only the first two episodes. The first episode went too long for me. About the only thing I've picked up on that I like is the general "I don't care anymore", "'F' the small stuff" attitudes post-incident. At this point, I could take it or leave it.

Other new shows we're trying are Extant and The Strain. We've watched the premiere of Extant. Although the Halle Berry storyline is interesting (though not original), her husband is an arrogant douchey prick and there's a little too much soap opera-like melodrama. I don't think I'll continue it. On a positive note, Berry's acting skills were head and shoulders above everyone else's (which may not be a "positive" when it's so obvious).

Haven't watched any of The Strain yet, but we plan to start it some time this week.