Tape input [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Tape input

chris9
07-01-2014, 04:04 AM
Hello guys,

I've bought a pre and a power amp recently yet still looking for a cd player. While I am searching for a good one, I want to use my CD receiver as a temporary CD source. I checked out the back of the CD receiver and found an output with 2 RCA pins called 'TAPE OUT' (there is another one called 'TAPE IN' for you to connect it to a TAPE player and use the CD receiver as an amp). I wonder if I can connect via the TAPE OUT to my pre amp so the CD receiver be used as CD player.

If I can't do that, would the headphone jack do the job?

Thank you very much.

Chris

Smokey
07-01-2014, 07:22 PM
What is "CD reciever" ?

If you mean headphone jack output to pre amp's RCA input, the answer is no. They have different impedance, so not a good match :)

chris9
07-02-2014, 03:07 AM
So what about the TAPE OUT RCA plugs on the back of the CD receiver?

CD receiver: an integrated stereo with CD playback, tuner, and amp function

Google's result for CD receiver: https://www.google.com/webhp?sourceid=chrome-instant&ion=1&espv=2&ie=UTF-8#q=cd%20receiver

Thanks
Chris

Smokey
07-02-2014, 04:24 PM
So what about the TAPE OUT RCA plugs on the back of the CD receiver?You should be OK with that configuration. Audio RCA inputs and outputs are compatible cross all audio components :)

chris9
07-03-2014, 12:49 AM
THank you Smokey!

3db
07-03-2014, 09:17 AM
Hello guys,

I've bought a pre and a power amp recently yet still looking for a cd player. While I am searching for a good one, I want to use my CD receiver as a temporary CD source. I checked out the back of the CD receiver and found an output with 2 RCA pins called 'TAPE OUT' (there is another one called 'TAPE IN' for you to connect it to a TAPE player and use the CD receiver as an amp). I wonder if I can connect via the TAPE OUT to my pre amp so the CD receiver be used as CD player.

Thank you very much.

Chris

Yes this will work.
The tape out of the CD receiver provides a signal out which would be connected to the input of a cassette machine or in your case, to the input of the pre-amp. The tape in function is an input and is connected to the signal output of a cassette deck.