Loft Speakers [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Loft Speakers

Lloyd
06-24-2014, 12:19 PM
Hi there guys,

I have a pair of Wharfedale Diamond10.1 's in my loft running off of a budget Cambridge Audio amplifier. It all sounds ok to be fair but I have been looking at the KRK Rokit 6 monitors .

I just wanted to ask some advice on switching over to the krk and would the difference be THAT noticeable if any at all.

Many thanks Lloyd

blackraven
06-24-2014, 02:20 PM
I can't comment on the KRK speakers as I have never heard them. But the Wharfdale's are good little speakers. Just looking at the KRK's it looks like it would be a lateral move at best but others here may know better. What is it that you don't like about the 10.1's? What are you using as a music source?

Lloyd
06-25-2014, 07:35 AM
I can't comment on the KRK speakers as I have never heard them. But the Wharfdale's are good little speakers. Just looking at the KRK's it looks like it would be a lateral move at best but others here may know better. What is it that you don't like about the 10.1's? What are you using as a music source?

Well its only that I've read a few reviews and the KRK sounds a little punchier according to the feedback

I have two cd decks for mixing tracks together and enjoy music that way.

blackraven
06-25-2014, 09:06 AM
Well its only that I've read a few reviews and the KRK sounds a little punchier according to the feedback

I have two cd decks for mixing tracks together and enjoy music that way.

I would not doubt that the KRK's have more punch as the 10.1's have a smooth laid back sound.