Eating Grapes at supermarket [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Eating Grapes at supermarket

Smokey
06-21-2014, 10:21 PM
Wonder if I'm only one eating grapes while shoppinng at local grocery store?

Usually take a small bunch, wash it at drinking fountain and eat one at a time while grocery shopping.

Some poeple might call that stealing. But I'm regular customer, so I call it loyalty fee :D

recoveryone
06-22-2014, 11:08 AM
SMH :nonod:

ForeverAutumn
06-22-2014, 01:30 PM
I love grapes! I eat grapes every single day to the tune of about 3 pounds of grapes a week. It's the only produce that I'll buy regardless of the cost (within reason). But I always pay for them first.

JohnMichael
06-22-2014, 04:23 PM
Yep stealing. I prefer my grapes fermented but I can not uncork a bottle of wine while shopping. Well I am a regular so I deserve this one glass.

Smokey
06-22-2014, 11:08 PM
I prefer my grapes fermented but I can not uncork a bottle of wine while shopping.

Now that would be stealing :D

If you remember in the old mama&papa's grocery stores or street fruit stands, they let customer sample the product (within common sense) before buying. So traditionally, it is kosher.

Feanor
06-23-2014, 03:53 AM
Wonder if I'm only one eating grapes while shoppinng at local grocery store?

Usually take a small bunch, wash it at drinking fountain and eat one at a time while grocery shopping.

Some poeple might call that stealing. But I'm regular customer, so I call it loyalty fee :D
Sorry, Smokes. That's a pretty feeble rational for malfeasance.

I've been know to take a single grape or pistachio but I don't do it often and haven't recently. Taking a whole punch, even if small, is over the top.

ForeverAutumn
06-23-2014, 09:04 AM
Now that would be stealing :D

If you remember in the old mama&papa's grocery stores or street fruit stands, they let customer sample the product (within common sense) before buying. So traditionally, it is kosher.

Smokey, you are not just sampling the product before buying. I will, on occasion, do that before paying $4.99 a pound for grapes. I take one grape though. Eating a bunch while you shop is not a sample IMO, it's stealing. Why not just munch on an apple or a banana while you're at it? It's no different.

Most of the grocery stores that I shop at will let you sample a product, if you ask first.

JohnMichael
06-23-2014, 11:44 AM
If an employee would be terminated for the same behavior I would think they do not want their customers doing it.

Smokey
06-24-2014, 07:53 PM
Eating a bunch while you shop is not a sample IMO, it's stealing. Why not just munch on an apple or a banana while you're at it? It's no different.

Criticism well taken :)

ForeverAutumn
06-25-2014, 08:01 AM
Sorry that you brought it up now? :)

Smokey
06-25-2014, 06:00 PM
Sorry that you brought it up now? :)Not really. I thought it was kind of funny (at expense of store). I have seen the same scenario used in TV sitcoms as sarcastic joke, so apparently I'm not the only one :)

TheHills44060
06-26-2014, 05:53 AM
When i was a lad my mom used to take my hand and slap it if i tried to grab for a grape when grocery shopping. She explained it to me as stealing so to this day i do not "sample".

dean_martin
06-27-2014, 02:41 PM
Smokey, the consensus appears to be that your behavior is not only abnormal, but also criminal. Ergo, you should seek help and delete this thread to avoid self-incrimination.

I sampled olives at the Fresh Market olive bar a couple weeks ago. I'm glad I got that off my chest.

JohnMichael
06-27-2014, 03:05 PM
Smokey, the consensus appears to be that your behavior is not only abnormal, but also criminal. Ergo, you should seek help and delete this thread to avoid self-incrimination.

I sampled olives at the Fresh Market olive bar a couple weeks ago. I'm glad I got that off my chest.

But did you have intent to purchase?