Hello from Vancouver BC Canada [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Hello from Vancouver BC Canada

Demo8Rider
06-07-2014, 12:49 PM
Hello,

The site is telling me to introduce myself so here I am. I am an avid gear head, headphone freak, DAC maniac, Speaker Lover, Downhill Mountain Biker, GAMER (PC,XBOX), and generally love life.

I work in the industry for a Custom Integration Company and we specialize in Control4, lots of High End 2-Channel gear, and fancy theatre rooms. I am happy to help anyone with questions they may have but I really just love technology and enjoy talking it with my fellow aficionados.

My setup at home

Martin Logan Purity Electrostatic Speakers
Teac UD-501 DSD DAC
Sherbourn PRE-1 Pre Amp
Laptop running J-River
MIT Cabling/PS Audio Power Cords AC3

blackraven
06-07-2014, 02:20 PM
Welcome to AR! Nice rig you have there. How do you like the ML Purity's?

Demo8Rider
06-07-2014, 02:46 PM
I absolutely love them!! I never used to like Electrostats until I heard the newer Martin Logan's...They are extremely revealing, huge sound stage, tight bass, everything a guy could ask for. WIth DSD files/24bit its mind boggling how good it sounds..I just recently put the Teac UD-501 into my system and it made a big difference as well. I was previously using the PS Audio NuWave and it was great but not as good as the Teac. Once I bank some more $$ I will be upgrading to the Ethos with a Sim Audio Neo Integrated amp. One day I will be able to afford it.

Mr Peabody
06-07-2014, 08:32 PM
Welcome to AR. What are you using for a power amp? I've liked ML all the way back to the ReQuests and SL3's.

blackraven
06-08-2014, 07:51 AM
Mr P, those ML speakers are self powered.

Demo8Rider
06-08-2014, 10:16 AM
Hi, Mr P,

The Purity's are self powered. I just go line level from my preamp directly into them. One less step to have to worry about :)

Mr Peabody
06-08-2014, 10:21 AM
Mr P, those ML speakers are self powered.

That explains it, I forgot about that, I was thinking they only powered the bass module. You could make for some interesting set ups with a speaker like that. Dynaudio has a fairly broad line of powered speakers now with built in DAC, I think they are spelled Xenos.