$38 spent on 2 "used" items! (thanks Dustychalk) [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : $38 spent on 2 "used" items! (thanks Dustychalk)

newtrix1
04-25-2004, 05:21 PM
I found 2 items from my wishlist on Half.com yesterday totalling about $38. The first was the import SACD of Talk Talks Colour of Spring that Dustychalk claimed as a favorite in a recent thread. I don't own any Talk Talk albums, but I see them come up often in discussions here at RR. Plus I'm chomping at the bit to pick up some hi-res recordings.

The second item was Zwan Mary Star of the Sea which I was recently able to audition from the library. I liked a few cuts instantly, but with successive listening, the whole album hit me like a ton-o-bricks. Very solid album start-to-finish, with Corgan in top form. The disc I picked up at HALF.com also comes with a DVD but I don't know what's on it.

Just kidding Dusty, I hope these purcahses are money well spent ;). Anyone else have any new purcahses or items on order?

Dusty Chalk
04-25-2004, 07:20 PM
Well, I'll tell you what, if you end up not liking that SACD, I'll be happy to take it off your hands, depending on what you paid for it. The only reason I haven't purchased it yet myself is because the full price import was too rich for my blood, and my friend at Tower hasn't carried it yet, so hopefully you got it for a bit less.

I can take no credit for the Zwan, however, as I've only listened to my copy once, IIRC.

newtrix1
04-26-2004, 07:43 AM
Well, I'll tell you what, if you end up not liking that SACD, I'll be happy to take it off your hands, depending on what you paid for it. The only reason I haven't purchased it yet myself is because the full price import was too rich for my blood, and my friend at Tower hasn't carried it yet, so hopefully you got it for a bit less.

I can take no credit for the Zwan, however, as I've only listened to my copy once, IIRC.

I'll let you know, I don't expcet to hate it ;). The first time I checked online for Colour of Spring, the best price I found was about $30 (too much 4 me). But Saturday I was checking my stored wishlist on Half.com and saw a copy (supposedly sealed) for $24. I figured I'd better nab it.

Re: Zwan; I suggest you take it for another test drive. It took about 4-5 spins before the album hooked me. The first half (tracks 1-7) are my favorite, plus I like that really long track toward the end.

Anyhow, thanks for the Talk Talk rec.