KANSAS Fans [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : KANSAS Fans

MasterCylinder
05-30-2014, 04:23 AM
I've been listening to SONG FOR AMERICA again; this is the second release from KANSAS from 1975.............not their most popular album (because their hit singles would come from later albums), but my favorite.
LONELY STREET is still a very cool bluesy rock tune.

Hyfi
05-30-2014, 05:27 AM
We sure have similar taste in music my man. SFA and Masque are my 2 all time favorite albums by Kansas.

ForeverAutumn
05-30-2014, 05:37 AM
Leftoverture is and has always been my top pick on the desert island list.

I have to admit that I'm not that familiar with Song For America.

3LB
05-30-2014, 06:20 AM
I like the album ok but the song is one of my favorite songs ever. Lamplight Symphony is one of their schmaltziest songs ever, but I kinda like it. And yes, there are a couple of good bluesy tunes on the album, the one you mention and Down The Road. Lonely Street is prolly better live than the studio version.

Jack in Wilmington
05-30-2014, 06:23 AM
The self titled first album still has some great songs on it and Masque and Leftoverture are still pulled out when a get in a Kansas kind of mood. I remember the first time I saw them at the Spectrum in Philly in 1975. I decided to walk out on the floor near the stage to check them out. They were the opening act with Manfred Mann following them and Edgar Winter as the headliners. This was one of those nights when the opening act stole the show. Looking up at them on the stage they looked like giant mountain men, but when they started playing the place rocked.

MasterCylinder
05-30-2014, 07:46 AM
We sure have similar taste in music my man. SFA and Masque are my 2 all time favorite albums by Kansas.

Amen to both........

MasterCylinder
05-30-2014, 07:46 AM
I like the album ok but the song is one of my favorite songs ever. Lamplight Symphony is one of their schmaltziest songs ever, but I kinda like it. And yes, there are a couple of good bluesy tunes on the album, the one you mention and Down The Road. Lonely Street is prolly better live than the studio version.

Yep -- the ones you like were written by Steve Walsh.
The others were written by Kerry Livgren.

Mr Peabody
05-30-2014, 04:19 PM
I like every song on SFA, well, the very first track not so much. I do like every track on Leftoverture. A really good album that gets over looked is Vinyl Confessions. Interesting on Steve Walsh's solo album the only song I like is Every Step Of The Way. I like several of the songs on Livgren's Mask of the Great Deceiver and have grown to really like Proto-Kaw.

Finch Platte
06-01-2014, 08:54 AM
I saw a video of them live where Steve Walsh was doing handstands on the keys of his keyboard. Lol. Was this a common occurrence? He was running around, jacked up on something. Was that a common occurrence?

Also saw them live at our county fair a few (actually, more than a few) years back. Played the same old songs, but they were way better than I expected them to be.

Mr Peabody
06-01-2014, 01:13 PM
I saw a video of them live where Steve Walsh was doing handstands on the keys of his keyboard. Lol. Was this a common occurrence? He was running around, jacked up on something. Was that a common occurrence?

Also saw them live at our county fair a few (actually, more than a few) years back. Played the same old songs, but they were way better than I expected them to be.

What did you expect them to play, LOL. It's funny that most of the summer concerts are the "classic" bands like Kiss, Def Leppard, Styx, Journey, ZZ Top etc.