PSB replaces its Image series with the Imagine X lineup [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : PSB replaces its Image series with the Imagine X lineup

3db
05-29-2014, 11:32 AM
Here's the link;

PSB?s New Imagine X Redefines Simplicity & Value | The Absolute Sound (http://www.theabsolutesound.com/articles/psbs-new-imagine-x-redefines-simplicity-value/)

JohnMichael
05-29-2014, 04:59 PM
So I take it the Imagine X line is between the Imagine and Image lines? So I could buy the Imagine tower with two woofers and dome tweeter for $2,000 a pair or the Imagine X with the same drivers for $1,000 a pair. We will have find out how they compare in the lineup.

blackraven
05-30-2014, 06:22 AM
It looks like it a more affordable for HT rather than 2ch audio. I wonder if it is replacement for the B4's, 5 and 6's, etc.

TheHills44060
05-30-2014, 07:01 AM
Wish PSB had gotten rid of that weird channel running down the center of the front baffle. I liked the Image series much better than the Imagines value-wise so I hope they didn't muck around too much with a good thing.

3db
05-30-2014, 07:56 AM
It looks like it a more affordable for HT rather than 2ch audio. I wonder if it is replacement for the B4's, 5 and 6's, etc.

A good speaker is a good speaker and I disagree with the labelling of an HT speaker verses a 2 channel speaker. I chose PSB because they make great speakers and are equally good for HT and 2 channel. I would not purchase speakers that are a one trick pony.

blackraven
05-30-2014, 09:32 AM
I am not dissing PSB. I have a pair of the B6's and I love the Synchrony line. PSB makes speakers that just plain sound good. I was just commenting that they appear to be making them more affordable.

3db
05-30-2014, 09:55 AM
I am not dissing PSB. I have a pair of the B6's and I love the Synchrony line. PSB makes speakers that just plain sound good. I was just commenting that they appear to be making them more affordable.

It wasn't my intention to come across defensive about PSB. I just don't understand the concept of a HT made speaker verses a 2 channel speaker. In my mind's eye, a competent speaker will be good in both applications. Mind you, its easier to reconcile accuracy for a musical instrument compared to that of an explosion or the transformers transforming :) . Because of that, I chose speakers that were musically accurate knowing that same accuracy would be applied to HT despite not knowing how a transformer transforming really sounds like.