Winery Dogs [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Winery Dogs

MasterCylinder
05-19-2014, 05:18 AM
I saw Portnoy and his new band here in town last night at a local club.
I would guesstimate the crowd was 300.
The cover was only $20 each.
I took my wife and my bass player with his girlfriend -- I wanted him to see the talent at the risk of him never wanting to hear me play again.

There are not too many people in the world that play drums like Portnoy.
The precision -- the power -- his joy of playing.
It's just fun to watch.

I recommend you catch this show -- they won't be playing small venues for long.

Remaining tour dates below :

The Winery Dogs Tour Dates 2014 - Upcoming The Winery Dogs Concert Dates and Tickets | Bandsintown (http://www.bandsintown.com/TheWineryDogs)

Hyfi
05-19-2014, 05:39 AM
Looking at some Youtube vids now.

I think after your bass player saw Sheehan, your drumming wouldn't be the issue.

MasterCylinder
05-19-2014, 05:59 AM
I think after your bass player saw Sheehan, your drumming wouldn't be the issue.

You know I was counting on that...............

ForeverAutumn
05-19-2014, 10:21 AM
Looking at some Youtube vids now.

LOL! There's a big music store in town that does a lot of clinics. We often go, regardless of the instrument, just for the quality of musicianship. We saw Sheehan do a clinic there a few years ago. It was just Billy and a few basses on stage. He spent about 1.5 hours just demonstrating different playing styles, telling stories, and answer questions. He blew me away! Just incredible. And he seemed like a really nice guy too.

ForeverAutumn
05-19-2014, 10:23 AM
I saw Portnoy and his new band here in town last night at a local club...

Toronto in August. Thanks for the heads up. I'll try to check it out. :)

harley .guy07
05-19-2014, 03:43 PM
Yeah I wish they were heading towards my area. They are one of my favorites of all the supergroups that have formed over the last few years. I think overall they are the most talented of the 3 guy bands I have heard lately.

Mr Peabody
05-19-2014, 08:01 PM
Maybe they are better in concert but the album didn't do anything for me. I liked the Adrenaline Mob much better. But Billy and Portnoy, what a potential power house rhythm section.