Whats the best door speakers for a 01 GMC yukon? [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Whats the best door speakers for a 01 GMC yukon?

ALEXCA
05-16-2014, 01:12 AM
Im trying to add new sound system for it and im going to change all 4 speakers and include maybe 2-3 sub woofers but im looking around for the best bang for the buck? i was thinking alpine type r for door speakers and maybe 2 or 3 Boss Audio D12F 12-Inch 4-Ohm Diablo Flat Subwoofer flat cuz i dont want to remove 3rd row seat u think thats a good combo or what other options is there?
Update : right now it has stock audio and the speakers and the small rear 8 inch subs are not good anymore i believe that the sub might be blown or sumtin and maybe 2 speaker not working properly
http://dailydigitaldeals.info/wp-content/uploads/2012/01/11/34/smile.gif

blackraven
05-16-2014, 06:22 AM
The best thing to do is go around and listen to as many speakers as you can. It is more of a personal taste. Boston Acoustics, Infinity, Polk and Alpine make some nice speakers .

Mr Peabody
05-16-2014, 07:40 PM
I really like the Alpine speakers. I put a mostly all Alpine system in an Aerostar but put Infinity in the doors, to be honest after it was done I wished I had bought the Alpine. The Infinity Kappa happened to be on sale. The Alpine were more efficient, played louder, they were also more extended in the highs and had a livelier sound.

It's rare to get good performance from cheap speakers. Infinity used to make the Perfect sub, not sure if they still do, these were excellent. I used mine in a sealed enclosure where I could use a smaller box, but this requires a lot of power. If it was for you and not booming through the neighborhood the bazooka tubes are great and would allow the option to remove them fairly easily if you had to use the space. MTX and Kicker usually have decent subs for a reasonable price point. Rockford would be another. My son used some of the regular Boss subs, they boomed, I didn't find them very musical but a lot can be said for set up too. They seemed to handle the abuse alright.

Another space saving option may be to use a special box design opposed to driver design. I forgot the name but there's a method to where you mount the woofers face to face, out of phase, with one in the box and one outside the box, forming like a piston. You can also shape the box to fit better in your vehicle and still get your cubic feet. For instance, make it taller but thinner front to back. You may have seen this shape to fit behind seats of trucks.

topspeed
05-20-2014, 02:12 PM
For speakers, it's really hard to beat JL Audio. Yes, they can be expensive, however you get what you pay for. I've wasted far too much money and energy on Fosgate, Pyle, and various others. I'd also recommend Morel. Fantastic mids and tweets without a hint of hi-end etch or annoying brightness. You can get them here:

Parts-Express.com ? Morel ? Replacement Speakers, Bass Speakers, Raw Speakers, Speaker, Tweeters, Woofers, Woofer Speakers, Subwoofers, Diaphragms, Dome Midranges, Dome Tweeters (http://www.parts-express.com/brand/morel/121)

Hope this helps

bfalls
05-21-2014, 08:44 PM
I agree with the Fosgate comment. Just bought a Nissan Juke Nismo a few months ago. It came with a "premium" Rockford Fosgate system with 8" sub. The tweeters are terrible and the sub over-powering. I'm looking for some silk-dome replacements, but not a lot of car audio vendors here to check out.

Mr Peabody
05-22-2014, 02:37 PM
Not saying Fosgate is the last word in audio but no matter whose name is on the factory system whether Fosgate, Infinity or Levinson, it's not the same, not even close, to the after market gear that bares the same name. In addition, we are a minority, most people prefer car audio with "over powering bass". My typical factory set up is bass down 2 or 3 notches from zero and treble up a couple. Unless you spend a lot of time in the car though it's not really worth the money to upgrade to something we'd accept as decent..