Hey, Slosh. 2 outta 3 ain't bad. [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Hey, Slosh. 2 outta 3 ain't bad.

Finch Platte
11-26-2003, 06:27 PM
I got your package today. Deconstruction, Dave Navarro and your comp, 2003 All Over Again. Many, many thanks, and one "no, thanks." How's your return policy? :~D

I'm listening to the Navarro, and I love it. The Deconstruction I listened to on the ghetto-blaster at work, and it sounds pretty damn good. I put your comp on when I got home, and felt like it was Sunday morning cartoons. Almost every song on the comp sounds like it's a band that's just started learning how to play their instruments. Man, I just cannot get into these groups. I need some crunch, not la la la stuff (oh, my God, the Shins- is this really the Archies in disguise?). The Perfect Circle is way out of context- the only thing saving it is your sequencing skill.

To each his/her own, but, if these songs are the future of rock, kill me now.

fp

Addendum: My home CD player is having trouble playing these discs, yet the ghetto-blaster had no probs. Usually, it's the other way around. Hmmm.

Dusty Chalk
11-26-2003, 06:32 PM
To each his/her own, but, if these songs are the future of rock, kill me now.http://forums.audioreview.com/images/icons/icon14.gif

Slosh
11-27-2003, 03:56 AM
which is why I didn't send it to you in the opening round but I figured since I was sending a package anyway...

I also thought maybe since you've been hanging around here for so long that perhaps your tastes aren't quite so narrow now but guess not :p

Give it to someone who'll appreciate it. Maybe your gf?

Slosh
11-27-2003, 03:58 AM
http://forums.audioreview.com/images/icons/icon14.gif

Are you saying he should be killed now? ;) Or is that regarding my crappy taste? (or if I said "eat me" would you say "no thanks, you have crappy taste" :rolleyes: )

Dusty Chalk
11-27-2003, 09:33 AM
Are you saying he should be killed now? ;) Or is that regarding my crappy taste? (or if I said "eat me" would you say "no thanks, you have crappy taste" :rolleyes: )Neither, I wouldn't know about your crappy taste (for all I know, it ain't even crappy -- I just heard a Stills song on the CMJNMM sampler, and I like it a lot...oh, wait, that's the Stills, not the Shins...never mind...), since I didn't receive the comp. I was just (a) discovering the thumbs-up icon; (b) finding a use for it; and (c) being amused by his choice of phrasing. He starts out all PC ("...to each his own..."), but then gets all mock-suicidal.

So we got two right arrow icons and two winky icons on the Message Icon menu, but no thumbs up...? What kind of fogged up board is this?