Can anyone recommend a decent soundbar setup with Sub? [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Can anyone recommend a decent soundbar setup with Sub?

Worf101
04-29-2014, 08:09 AM
Some technically un-savvy friends of mine are tired of listening to tinny speakers in their flat screens sooo they asked me to help. The rooms too small and the wifes too anal to allow for a 5.1 system so... it's off to soundbars. Anyone got any experience with em?

Worf

Hyfi
04-29-2014, 08:40 AM
Worf,

I recently went thru this and decided on the ZVOX 555 Sound Base for my new Samsung Smart TV in the bedroom. It has a 5.5 or 6" woofer built in which is pretty decent for TV and Movies and most music. It also allows you to add a Sub, which I just recently did as I had an old unused one sitting.

I am more than happy with the ZVOX for what I needed it for and not wanting another system in the bedroom. I read too many mixed reviews on Sound Bars with Wireless Subs and the Base worked out fine between the chest on chest and tv.

harley .guy07
04-29-2014, 02:40 PM
Pioneer makes a sound bar that Andrew Jones from TAD designed and like the Pioneer bookshelf and floorstanding speakers he designs they are way better than their modest prices would tell you. I don't think the Andrew Jones Pioneer sound bar and sub are the best looking out there but they are probably one of the best sounding.

blackraven
04-29-2014, 06:48 PM
Sonos is one of the best but expensive. Philips makes a very good one with very good pro reviews and it was highly rated in a British HiFi magazine. Sony's are ok too. I went through a couple of sound bars before deciding to use a pair of Def Tech Promonitor 1000 speakers and a cheap Pioneer AVR

Worf101
05-01-2014, 04:47 AM
Thanks folks. You're "aces" as usual, you've given me some other brands to look at and investigate.

Thanks again...

Worf

Mingus
05-01-2014, 07:09 AM
Another few. The Visio S4221W-C4 highly rated in many magazines. My friend has the Sony HT-CT660 and it sounds pretty good.

Willb3
05-09-2014, 05:35 AM
Go for the sb26 from harman/kardon or sb400 from jbl. A good price point for decent soundbar and a lot of bang for your buck.

TheHills44060
05-09-2014, 08:10 AM
Another few. The Visio S4221W-C4 highly rated in many magazines. My friend has the Sony HT-CT660 and it sounds pretty good.
Another vote for the Vizio especially since it can be found on special at various times.