Worst movie I've seen [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Worst movie I've seen

Smokey
04-25-2014, 08:50 PM
That would be the film Meet the Spartans which is the spoof of 2007 film 300. And it also directs parodies at various films.

The worst part about this movie is the lead actor Sean Maguire who play the King Leonidas. Too much facial expressions and too hard trying to be funny sink the whole movie.

The director who also directed other parody movies such as Scary Movie and Date Movie throw in every film jokes whether related to the film or not. For example they bring in Rocky who have Stalone accent to help Parsians fight the Spartans. WTF!!

And the jokes goes all way down to common denominator of being nasty and repulsive. If you can stomach the first five minutes of movie in the ball-licking scene where the king is sitting on stool with a dog underneat, you're better man than I am :)

http://www.tasteofcinema.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/05/meet-the-spartans.jpg

Feanor
04-26-2014, 04:32 AM
That would be the film Meet the Spartans which is the spoof of 2007 film 300. And it also directs parodies at various films.

The worst part about this movie is the lead actor Sean Maguire who play the King Leonidas. Too much facial expressions and too hard trying to be funny sink the whole movie.

The director who also directed other parody movies such as Scary Movie and Date Movie throw in every film jokes whether related to the film or not. For example they bring in Rocky who have Stalone accent to help Parsians fight the Spartans. WTF!!

And the jokes goes all way down to common denominator of being nasty and repulsive. If you can stomach the first five minutes of movie in the ball-licking scene where the king is sitting on stool with a dog underneat, you're better man than I am :)
I'm not usually attracted to the Spoof genre, so I'll be missing this one too.

As for 300, I'd rate it 3/5*. It was, itself, a spoof of the actual historical record.

Worf101
04-26-2014, 01:58 PM
Yeah... it's right down there in the terlit, I must say....

Worf

Smokey
04-26-2014, 07:51 PM
As for 300, I'd rate it 3/5*. It was, itself, a spoof of the actual historical record.

LOL....how true :)

Kam
04-28-2014, 07:16 AM
I haven't seen much of them lately, but I can't remember the last solid Spoof Genre movie. I think naked gun/airplane really peaked the genre.

When they started making Comedic Spoofs of comedies, i think the 'powers that be' did not understand the whole point of a spoof.

Smokey
04-28-2014, 08:20 PM
I haven't seen much of them lately, but I can't remember the last solid Spoof Genre movie. I think naked gun/airplane really peaked the genre.Kungfu Hustle probably also ranked up there with best of spoof movies :)

Worf101
04-29-2014, 08:17 AM
The original "Scary Movie" was funny, smart and hilarious. As was the Wayan's previous film. "Don't Be a Meanace to South Central..."

Worf

Kam
04-29-2014, 08:46 AM
Kungfu Hustle probably also ranked up there with best of spoof movies :)

doh! forgot about that one. i did thoroughly enjoy that one. and he has a new movie coming out soon or just did come out!

Kam
04-29-2014, 08:47 AM
The original "Scary Movie" was funny, smart and hilarious. As was the Wayan's previous film. "Don't Be a Meanace to South Central..."

Worf

good catch again. I did like the first scary movie.

3LB
06-08-2014, 08:07 PM
Grease 2
Give My Regards To Broad St
The Adventures of Ford Fairlane

Worf101
06-09-2014, 04:33 AM
Grease 2
Give My Regards To Broad St
The Adventures of Ford Fairlane

Ahem... Ahem ah say... Sir are you TRYING to make me lose my appetite on purpose! Henh? Hrrmmm? Eh?????

Worf

noddin0ff
06-09-2014, 05:58 AM
good catch again. I did like the first scary movie.
Just watched Journey to the West. Didn't satisfy me. Ended up watching it dubbed which likely did it a dis-service, but still far short of the fun of Kung Fu Hustle.

blackraven
06-10-2014, 06:34 AM
Attack of the Killer Tomatoes, just about any thing on the SyFy channel in the past few years. Little Nicky and Zoolander are also rank movies.

RoyY51
06-11-2014, 06:12 PM
I'm going with the 1956 bomb, "The Conqueror", produced by Howard Hughes and starring John Wayne as Genghis Khan. Wayne was a believable soldier and a great cowboy, but Genghis Khan? I don't think I heard half of his lines...every time he appeared onscreen with that ridiculous Fu Manchu mustache, I started laughing so hard that I missed most of them! Thinking back, I realize that it might also have had something to do with the State of Mind that I was in at the time...

blackraven
06-13-2014, 08:18 AM
I'm going with the 1956 bomb, "The Conqueror", produced by Howard Hughes and starring John Wayne as Genghis Khan. Wayne was a believable soldier and a great cowboy, but Genghis Khan? I don't think I heard half of his lines...every time he appeared onscreen with that ridiculous Fu Manchu mustache, I started laughing so hard that I missed most of them! Thinking back, I realize that it might also have had something to do with the State of Mind that I was in at the time...

That was truly a bad movie. Wayne looked ridiculous.

3LB
06-15-2014, 02:55 PM
Ahem... Ahem ah say... Sir are you TRYING to make me lose my appetite on purpose! Henh? Hrrmmm? Eh?????

Worf

Grease 2 was terrible, but it's not like I have any love for the first one with John Revolta. I watched it with the wife once and I remarked then that it was like they made everything up on the fly.

Give My Regards to Broad St - not that I was expecting much from Sir Paul as his albums were usually rather patchy, but this is one of the few times I got up and left a movie theater 45 minutes into a movie. Talk about made up as they went along. I've seen bits and pieces of it over the years, but its still wince inducing.

I was actually a fan of Dice Clay back then and couldn't wait to see this movie. I sat through the whole thing because I couldn't believe what I was experiencing; I just knew it had to get better - how does one of that era's hottest comedians make a comedy that is so utterly unfunny and boring? I wasn't the only one who thought so because a lot of people left before it was over - not out of protest, it was just that bad. It completely tanked and took him with it. Most people woulda said 'good riddance' but still...

3LB
06-15-2014, 03:00 PM
Honorable mention to Mars Attacks! It wasn't terrible, but given its star-studded cast, it kinda just lays there and never gets off the ground, kinda like Howard Hughes' Spruce Goose.

Also, I had high hopes for David Byrne's film True Stories. Clearly he was influenced by John Waters, but it was truly an odd, patchy and uninspired movie. AND I TOOK A DATE TO SEE IT! Didn't work out so well for me.