It's been a while, but I am not LOST! [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : It's been a while, but I am not LOST!

Kam
04-14-2014, 06:06 AM
Hello my long Lost FF friends!
SO i've been mia for forever and of course, what would bring me back, is Lost. I thought I'd share this new find, the 'Series Bible' that Lindeloff and Abrams put together after shooting the pilot to pitch the series to the network.

It's pretty freakin' amazing. There are a few of their story ideas that they had that they didn't (as far as I remember) explore that would have been awesome. The funnies part I found was there promise that this was a self-contained show (i.e. each episode could stand alone.) ha! HA! Yeah, right. I'm sure anyone could just pick up an episode in Season 4 and it all makes sense.

https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B8WGamNXh2iwOWx0UDNRQkl5VTA/preview?pli=1

Now I have some catching up reading to do on here!!

dean_martin
04-14-2014, 12:27 PM
Dude!! Where the h*ll have you been?

Feanor
04-14-2014, 01:10 PM
Good to see you, Kam.

ForeverAutumn
04-14-2014, 07:36 PM
Hello my long Lost FF friends!
SO i've been mia for forever and of course, what would bring me back, is Lost. I thought I'd share this new find, the 'Series Bible' that Lindeloff and Abrams put together after shooting the pilot to pitch the series to the network.

It's pretty freakin' amazing. There are a few of their story ideas that they had that they didn't (as far as I remember) explore that would have been awesome. The funnies part I found was there promise that this was a self-contained show (i.e. each episode could stand alone.) ha! HA! Yeah, right. I'm sure anyone could just pick up an episode in Season 4 and it all makes sense.

https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B8WGamNXh2iwOWx0UDNRQkl5VTA/preview?pli=1

Now I have some catching up reading to do on here!!

Hey Kam! Nice to see you around here :D How've you been? What've you been up to? I think that the last time you checked in you were getting married. So are you a husband?

Thanks for the info on the "Bible", but when I click on the link you provided I just get a blank tab. :(

Kam
04-14-2014, 08:36 PM
Dude!! Where the h*ll have you been?

It's been a crazy time. I've been writing up a storm, plugging away in the movie biz and working the day job. Had a couple of short film projects that really consumed a ton of time and energy. Sadly had to pull back from a lot of social networking. But now getting my feat back under me and could never forget the good 'ol FF Forum!

But, in the event you meant literally, I've been in New York still. :D
haha

Kam
04-14-2014, 08:38 PM
Hey Kam! Nice to see you around here :D How've you been? What've you been up to? I think that the last time you checked in you were getting married. So are you a husband?

Thanks for the info on the "Bible", but when I click on the link you provided I just get a blank tab. :(

hmmm, here's another link with the pdf link embedded in it:
Early LOST writers' guide is a tribute to self-delusion - Boing Boing (http://boingboing.net/2013/09/18/early-lost-writers-guide-is.html)

that should hopefully work.

And yes! I am a husband! Going on three years this fall. woo hoo:D

Kam
04-14-2014, 08:38 PM
Good to see you, Kam.

thank you! good to be back and talking my favorite shop!

dean_martin
04-15-2014, 10:12 AM
It's been a crazy time. I've been writing up a storm, plugging away in the movie biz and working the day job. Had a couple of short film projects that really consumed a ton of time and energy. Sadly had to pull back from a lot of social networking. But now getting my feat back under me and could never forget the good 'ol FF Forum!

But, in the event you meant literally, I've been in New York still. :D
haha

That's great!! I was hoping something relating to film-making was keeping you away and not something tragic. If you have anything on the web, shoot me a link. BTW, belated grats on your marriage! Your odds certainly go up if you make it past year one.

It took me awhile to catch up with Lost, but once the wife and I started watching on Netflix, it was impossible to stop. It's good to hear from you again. Hopefully, you'll be able to stick around and add some life to our FF board. We have some members who are admirably trying to keep it alive. Heck, I don't think we even had an Oscars thread this year.

Kam
04-15-2014, 10:33 AM
That's great!! I was hoping something relating to film-making was keeping you away and not something tragic. If you have anything on the web, shoot me a link. BTW, belated grats on your marriage! Your odds certainly go up if you make it past year one.

It took me awhile to catch up with Lost, but once the wife and I started watching on Netflix, it was impossible to stop. It's good to hear from you again. Hopefully, you'll be able to stick around and add some life to our FF board. We have some members who are admirably trying to keep it alive. Heck, I don't think we even had an Oscars thread this year.

yes! with the new computer, i just added the FF Forum to my favorites bar and made sure I can check back in to the daily (hopefully) shenanigans!

I've got a bunch of movie related stuff I've done i was curious to post here and see what peeps think, if that isn't too "promotion-y"?

dean_martin
04-15-2014, 12:48 PM
I've got a bunch of movie related stuff I've done i was curious to post here and see what peeps think, if that isn't too "promotion-y"?

If you violate any rules, then FA will give you a light pop on the bottom for the first offense. Post away!

ForeverAutumn
04-15-2014, 12:52 PM
If you violate any rules, then FA will give you a light pop on the bottom for the first offense. Post away!

Apparently, I'm quite prone to favouritism, so post away! ;)

ForeverAutumn
04-15-2014, 12:53 PM
And yes! I am a husband! Going on three years this fall. woo hoo:D

Has it really been that long?! Holy crap time flies.

And the second link worked. Thanks. :)

Worf101
04-16-2014, 06:26 AM
Holy "Dracula's Back From the Dead" Batman!!!! Kam? Kam???? KAM!!!???? You ole horsethief!!!! When'd you make parole????

Worf

Kam
04-16-2014, 07:02 AM
Apparently, I'm quite prone to favouritism, so post away! ;)

Allllllllrighty then. So here's a long winding, splintered background.

I have pretty much all of A Few Good Men memorized. My overall memory isn't fantastic, but I have a certain predilection for memorizing movies and I have monologues memorized, scenes memorized, etc. Having auditioned for way too many terrorist or heavily accented roles I decided it was way past time to take my career into my own hands and start creating my own work. So I started shooting short films. One inspiration I got (and I think it might have been posted here), is this song John Williams is The Man (by Moosebutter), that this guy Corey Vidal took and shot himself lip syncing to it. There are four parts, so he just made four video squares and did all the parts himself.

I've also seen a bunch of people "remake" that scene, and it is SO iconic that anytime anyone says "You can't handle the truth" I can only picture Nicholson saying it. So instead of "remaking" the scene, I did something a little different with it and lip sync'ed to the original soundtrack and…. here's the result:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sIz3XEFKrZk

I've since done it with a bunch of my other favorite Four person scenes:
The Shining (Jack taking his first drink at the Bar, i fudge the "4th person in this one)
Rocky III (Clubber calling out Rocky)
The Karate Kid (the dojo challenge)
There Will Be Blood (the sinner scene)
(And I have a bunch of others coming soon!)

Kam
04-16-2014, 07:08 AM
Holy "Dracula's Back From the Dead" Batman!!!! Kam? Kam???? KAM!!!???? You ole horsethief!!!! When'd you make parole????

Worf

I realized after the last few movies I saw that I 1) wasn't sharing as much about them as I'd like, and 2) no finding new films to watch from all the great recs that have come from discussing movies with my favorite film forum fam! (Especially since I've been trolling the depths of Netflix streaming) :D But it's good to be back in the thick of things worfster! :D

ForeverAutumn
04-16-2014, 09:33 AM
Allllllllrighty then. So here's a long winding, splintered background...

Kam, that was awesome! I really enjoyed watching it. It is a great script, and I think that you did a great job bringing it to life that way. Your facial expressions were bang on and I would have sworn that was you talking.

A long time ago, when I was a kid, I spent some time on stage. I once wanted to act, but I didn't have the stomach for being turned down so I gave up on it pretty easily. I have a lot of respect for those who can make a living at it. It's not easy to find success and it's a lot of work when you do find it.

Plus, after all these years, it's nice to see what you look like. :)

Kam
04-16-2014, 01:42 PM
Kam, that was awesome! I really enjoyed watching it. It is a great script, and I think that you did a great job bringing it to life that way. Your facial expressions were bang on and I would have sworn that was you talking.

A long time ago, when I was a kid, I spent some time on stage. I once wanted to act, but I didn't have the stomach for being turned down so I gave up on it pretty easily. I have a lot of respect for those who can make a living at it. It's not easy to find success and it's a lot of work when you do find it.

Plus, after all these years, it's nice to see what you look like. :)

haha thank you! :D It's a tough battle for every tiny step forward. But… it's a calling, a passion, a life, a journey. I've learned to really enjoy the journey and focus on creating the stuff I'd love to watch. I figure if I can make a movie that *I'd* love to see, i know others will too. (So yeah, stay tuned for my first feature!)

I've finished a short film I'm completing post production sound on and then it'll be off to the festivals!

ForeverAutumn
04-16-2014, 06:58 PM
I followed the link on your name and watched Two Pieces. Very good. :)

Kam
04-17-2014, 06:52 AM
I followed the link on your name and watched Two Pieces. Very good. :)

Thank you! The one I'm working on I had submitted to Ron Howard's Project Imaginat10n (10 short films based on various photos). I had a photo that won the photo part of the contest but none of the five celebrity directors had chosen to use it in their short films. He then opened the festival up to anyone for the remaining five spots and I made my own short based on my photo (of a horse) to submit, but sadly my post work didn't get finished in time. That's the one I'm still working on. (called "Centaur")