Beethoven's Missa Solemnis [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Beethoven's Missa Solemnis

menschenstimme
04-11-2014, 02:07 PM
Does anyone here own the London CD 4443372 with Sir Georg Solti? I hear a strange sound in the right channel in the Gloria at 0:15. I cannot tell if it is some bizarre digital artifact or an acoustical phenomemon. As far as I know, this is NOT a live recording. The sound is almost as though one of the second violins may be out of sync with the others for a second or two(?).

Thank you!

Feanor
04-11-2014, 03:33 PM
Does anyone here own the London CD 4443372 with Sir Georg Solti? I hear a strange sound in the right channel in the Gloria at 0:15. I cannot tell if it is some bizarre digital artifact or an acoustical phenomemon. As far as I know, this is NOT a live recording. The sound is almost as though one of the second violins may be out of sync with the others for a second or two(?).

Thank you!
I don't have that version. Around here there aren't too many classical music fans; you'd be much more likely to get a response at The Good Music Guide Classical Music Forum (http://www.good-music-guide.com/community/index.php). There are lots of knowledgeable people there with large music collections