Help! Just found this site and would love to get some pricing info.... [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Help! Just found this site and would love to get some pricing info....

Marcella
04-07-2014, 05:53 PM
My good friend passed away and now I am having to sell all of his audio equipment for his family. I love music, but have to admit I don't know much about what makes all the great sound. I stumbled on your forum when looking for prices to put on things. Can anyone here help me?

Here is what I have:

APT CORP HOLMAN PREAMP

SR-X MK3 STAX HEADSET (IN THE ORIGINAL BOX)

DAVID HAFLER CO DH120 POWER AMP

YAMAHA NATURAL SOUND CR 240 RECEIVER

BOLIVAR SPEAKER (I DO NOT THINK THESE ARE GOOD STILL, THE FOAM INSIDE HAS CRUMBLED, CAN THAT BE REPLACED?)

HAN-D-MAG RB ANNIS CO ??? WHAT ???

BANANA PLUGS 209 L VHF 300 ALPHA ??? WHAT ???

TONS OF CORDS AND WIRES

MARK LEVINSON NO 27 POWER AMP

APT CORP RECEIVER

AND SOME OTHER ODD ITEMS.

Thank you to anyone who can help me on this!!
Marcella

Mr Peabody
04-07-2014, 07:09 PM
I'll give you $5.00 for the Stax and $50.00 for the Levinson. Seriously though, unless you'll take my offer :), your best bet is selling those things on Audiogon and I'd strongly suggest subscribing to their Bluebook. Their Bluebook will give you a price and also a range of what the item sold for on their website. If going to auction or sale you can still use the Bluebook as a tool. If not wanting to subscribe you at least need to find a hi fi shop who may have a book style. Some of that gear, like the Levinson amp, (shooting self in foot) sold for a hefty price and holds it's value well. Off the top of my head not sure what that set of Stax sold for but their stuff is usually around $1k and up. I'm not familiar with APt. The older receivers, like your Yamaha, are now called "vintage" and in vogue so will sell for more than you might think.

Marcella
04-07-2014, 07:32 PM
Thank you Mr Peabody! I will look at Audiogon and subscribe to their bluebook sheet. That is a huge help!!! :wink5: Marcella

I'll give you $5.00 for the Stax and $50.00 for the Levinson. Seriously though, unless you'll take my offer :), your best bet is selling those things on Audiogon and I'd strongly suggest subscribing to their Bluebook. Their Bluebook will give you a price and also a range of what the item sold for on their website. If going to auction or sale you can still use the Bluebook as a tool. If not wanting to subscribe you at least need to find a hi fi shop who may have a book style. Some of that gear, like the Levinson amp, (shooting self in foot) sold for a hefty price and holds it's value well. Off the top of my head not sure what that set of Stax sold for but their stuff is usually around $1k and up. I'm not familiar with APt. The older receivers, like your Yamaha, are now called "vintage" and in vogue so will sell for more than you might think.