hello...just refoamed my classic Optimus 400's [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : hello...just refoamed my classic Optimus 400's

phaser78
04-06-2014, 08:28 PM
Had these in storage and finally got the refoamed kits for the midrange and woofers thru eBay..about $40. Instructions were easy to follow. Impressed with midrange sub enclosure when I opened them up! Hooked up my marantz 2385 and they are so sweet...the highs are crisp and clean...if there is a weakness its the lowest bass frequencies. But overall I'm very happy with my $40 speakers..the. Cabinets are gorgeous.

TheHills44060
04-07-2014, 05:08 AM
Nice job phaser. The only refoaming experience I have had was with my uncle and his Advent Large speakers. Order the replacements from Parts Express. Most difficult part was keeping everything on center to keep from any voice coil rubbing from occurring.

I've never heard a set of Optimus 400's before.

phaser78
04-08-2014, 08:19 AM
Nice job phaser. The only refoaming experience I have had was with my uncle and his Advent Large speakers. Order the replacements from Parts Express. Most difficult part was keeping everything on center to keep from any voice coil rubbing from occurring.

I've never heard a set of Optimus 400's before.

the people I purchased my refoam kit from on ebay have easy instructions and a great youtube video....they eliminate the voicecoil rubbing issue ...if I can do it: anyone can!