Whatis the last movie you watched ? [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Whatis the last movie you watched ?

Markwinstanley
04-03-2014, 11:20 PM
Watching Movie is my hobby and recently watched "Noah". In this movie i liked Russell Crowe the most. Share which movie you watched last time.

Smokey
04-04-2014, 07:32 PM
Last movie I watched was Ben Hur on bluray. Picture quality is out of this world :)

http://i.telegraph.co.uk/multimedia/archive/02221/BenHur_2221984b.jpg

Worf101
04-05-2014, 07:37 AM
"Cross of Lorraine" - C+ - Gene Kelley as former French soldier turned resistance fighter after torture at the hands of the Nazi's. Propaganda made during the war but good propaganda. He made another couple of films during the war that didn't involve him dancing his head off as well.

Worf

Kam
04-14-2014, 06:14 AM
Byzanitum.
Neil Jordan doing Vampires. It's damn good. Highly recommended. Brings back Vamps from that abyss of twilight. (Only Lovers Left Alive looks strong as well, that might be next up soon)

(ps. howdy Worfster!!)

dean_martin
04-14-2014, 12:32 PM
Godzilla vs. The Sea Monster

recoveryone
04-14-2014, 02:13 PM
Well I had to buy the latest Hobbit movie and my take on this one is it ranks right up with the 2nd Matrix film, more questions than answers. This film would not and could not stand on its own. But the BD was awesome as always.

blackraven
04-14-2014, 03:03 PM
Walter Mitty was the last movie that I saw. I liked it. It was a quirky good but not great movie. I am going to see Captain America tonight with my son.

blackraven
04-15-2014, 08:01 AM
I saw Captain America last night. It is a good popcorn movie, just pure entertainment, and better than the first one. I was a comic book fan growing up so I tend to like these movies when I just want to sit back and not think!

The Marcus movie theater that I saw it in has gone to all electric reclining seats (stadium seating) with very wide arm rests and cup holders. They have just added a built in swing out food tray to the seats and are going to offer concierge food and beverage, including cocktails and beer delivered to your seat before the movie. You can order this all on line and the seats are all reserved seating. The seats are very comfortable, so much so that it would be easy to doze off for the entire movie. They recline almost completely flat. The price is right at $10 for movies with $6 for matinee's and 1/2 price Tuesdays.

TheHills44060
04-15-2014, 09:28 AM
I saw Captain America as well. I generally can't sit down long enough to make it through a whole movie but the old lady wanted to see it so, yeah. I was more focused on identifying the different parts of Cleveland in the movie than the plot itself but overall I can't say it was a bad motion picture.

Worf101
04-16-2014, 06:22 AM
I made it through about 10 minutes of Rudy Rae Moore's (aka Dolemite) "Disco Godfather". I was in college and the service the Blaxplotation first reared it's ugly head (I've still never seen Shaft or Superfly) so I never saw ANY of this... "art". After 10 minutes of this drivel I could feel the brain cells committing suicide, jumping out of ears to get away from the torture. I have seen most if not all of the Blaxplo "spoofs", I can only assume that the hilariously funny "Black Dynamite" was patterned after this turd. I can't believe that Turner Classic Movies (yes THAT TCM) showed this drivel.

Worf

Worf101
04-23-2014, 06:35 AM
"Laura" with Jean Tierney and Dana Andrews. Great film with great acting and a cracling good script. Throw in brilliant production AND direction from Otto Preminger and you have a classic film. The film is stolen though by Clifton Webb who turns in a magnificent performance as Laura's would be lover. Got to watch it.

Worf

Worf101
04-24-2014, 10:16 AM
"Spione" or "Spys" - A - I'd never seen this Fritz Lang masterpiece before but I'm glad I did. As good as any Bond thriller and amazingly ahead of it's time in dealing with Spy Rings, espionage, hidden lairs, evil masterminds... et al. This movie could've been made in the 60's and you wouldn't have to change a thing cept add some sound and color. One of the greatest opening sequences I've EVER seen in a movie. Just flat out amazing

Worf

Worf101
04-30-2014, 05:08 AM
"Fort Apache" - Ford and Wayne at it again in this installament of their "Cavalry Trilogy". Of the three I feel this is the finest. Great acting, crackling dialogue and it shows some of the struggles the post Civil War Army endured. It also showed how clearly the line between Commissioned vs. Non-Commissioned Officers was drawn by some and the inherent class struggle that can occur sometimes. Throw in Monument Valley and a rare celluloid win by Native Americans and you have a classic.

Worf