denon 4520ci [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : denon 4520ci

Wingman
03-26-2014, 03:27 AM
having issues with the crossover settings im running lsi25 fronts and 2 polk lsi sub 10) 450 watt

st ideas would be appreciated

Mr Peabody
03-26-2014, 08:01 PM
Are your subs hooked up to the "LFE" or sub out? Why not run the auto set up with microphone and just let the receiver deal with it? You want your subs crossover set to "bypass" to take the crossover out of the circuit, or, if no bypass, turn the crossover up to highest setting, I'm referring to the sub's settings physically on the back of the sub, the set up program will automatically set your crossover for optimum performance based on what the microphone picks up from your room.

I saw your center question, for optimum performance you should get the matching lsi center.

Wingman
03-27-2014, 04:32 AM
the sub is set 120 hz and running LFE and main or when I play it in two channel the sub wont work if I choose LFE alone , am I dong something wrong

Wingman
03-27-2014, 04:33 AM
I have the matched center channel as well too the LSI CENTER

Mr Peabody
03-27-2014, 03:59 PM
You may have to check the manual but typically there is a setting to tell the receiver if you want the sub to play on both movies and music. One of my processors actually named the choices "main" or "both", I had to highlight "both" to make it play in stereo.

Were you looking to change all speakers or just center? The center and mains need to be timbre matched for seamless panning of sound effects. If you want crisp give a listen to Klipsch, I recommend the Reference series. If you knew some one who sold JBL the Studio or LS series is even better in my opinion. The Klipsch may still be crisper but the JBL horn is more refined and smooth, and, plays better bass.

Wingman
03-28-2014, 04:12 AM
ok thank you and what do you have your frequency settings for your main and center channel speaker set at , mine are set at 40 for the front 60 for the center and 100 for the rear and heights and 120 for the sub
I will call denon today and find out about that setting for the main and lfe but I had the same issue for my Marantz receiver as well

Mr Peabody
03-28-2014, 06:47 PM
Really I'm not sure what my crossovers are set at, I ran the auto set up some time back and I didn't find where it gave me the settings. I've been happy with the results.