RSD 2014 (attn: Richard Davies fans) [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : RSD 2014 (attn: Richard Davies fans)

jonnyhambone
03-19-2014, 12:29 PM
There's usually not too much Record Store Day excitement around here but I know there's been some Richard Davies fans in the past. Cardinal's self-titled lp is being reissued this year as well as a 2 lp retrospective of The Moles. Both come, I think, from Fire Records which has put out some quality sounding stuff in the past. I also read that they have plans to slowly reissue solo Richard Davies releases on vinyl in the near future. I'm pretty psyched for The Moles album!

Supposedly there will also be a reissue of the drastically O/P Life Without Buildings album, A Minor Forest boxset, and a boxset of Songs:Ohia 7" singles. These will be what I'm looking out for that morning. Anyone else care or go shopping that am?

Swish
03-23-2014, 02:44 PM
There's usually not too much Record Store Day excitement around here but I know there's been some Richard Davies fans in the past. Cardinal's self-titled lp is being reissued this year as well as a 2 lp retrospective of The Moles. Both come, I think, from Fire Records which has put out some quality sounding stuff in the past. I also read that they have plans to slowly reissue solo Richard Davies releases on vinyl in the near future. I'm pretty psyched for The Moles album!

Supposedly there will also be a reissue of the drastically O/P Life Without Buildings album, A Minor Forest boxset, and a boxset of Songs:Ohia 7" singles. These will be what I'm looking out for that morning. Anyone else care or go shopping that am?

Good stuff jonny! I'm having a renewed interest in vinyl and will be looking out for quality stuff going forward. I'm really getting tired of all the crappy CDs I'm more or less forced to buy.