Led Zeppelin New Vinyl [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Led Zeppelin New Vinyl

Jack in Wilmington
03-13-2014, 01:05 PM
I see that Sound Stage Direct is re-releasing Led Zeppelin I, II, and III on 180 gram vinyl. I'm curious why the deluxe version of LZ I is 3 lp's and what is the difference.

Mr Peabody
03-13-2014, 04:27 PM
I wonder if they are 45 rpm. I did read the sets will contain extras, some extra songs but I'm not sure what else. I need to hunt them down and look. Also, interested to see the prices.

Jack in Wilmington
03-14-2014, 05:46 AM
I wonder if they are 45 rpm. I did read the sets will contain extras, some extra songs but I'm not sure what else. I need to hunt them down and look. Also, interested to see the prices.

What I'm seeing is $24.99 for the basic LP, and $39.99 for the deluxe set. It didn't say the speed.

Slosh
03-14-2014, 06:42 PM
All of their studio albums, including Coda, were recently remastered from the original master tapes for iTunes including lossless downloads. From what I have read most people agree they sound better than the original 80s CDs and the 90s remasters and the dynamic range remains intact. I haven't heard them myself and am holding out for a legit hi-res download to become available.