Beck - Morning Phase [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Beck - Morning Phase

thekid
02-28-2014, 02:50 AM
Just popping in to mention if there are any fans of Beck here that if you have not done so you need to run out and get the new release. A great offering IMO! The comparisons to "Sea Change" are more than fair (especially on the first 2 tracks) but this work stands on its own. This will be in my early morning - late night listening rotation for quite awhile. :15::15:

dean_martin
02-28-2014, 04:42 AM
Thanks. My wife pre-ordered the vinyl for Valentine's. It's supposed to arrive tomorrow. My son texted me saying I need to hear it. I'm trying to avoid listening or sampling til it arrives.

MasterCylinder
02-28-2014, 04:42 AM
The music might be good but the name is palgiarized.
If I put out a hit song or CD, I wouldn't do it under the stage name of Page Clapton.

noddin0ff
03-04-2014, 05:57 AM
Nice album and it sounds lovely. In a line of similar Beck albums, I'd place it behind Sea Change 'cause it lacks a 'Paper Tiger' and close to Mutations, although I think Mutations has more charm. Really well produced and cohesive though. Nice to hear. 'Morning' is a great start and overall the album makes pretty good morning music for a slow start day.

dean_martin
03-04-2014, 01:45 PM
My .02: I like side 1. It's familiar in a good way. It probably could've followed "Sea Change". I haven't gotten past the first track on side 2 yet. Been jumping to other new arrivals after side 1, especially Mutual Benefit's Love's Crushing Diamond.

It maybe the weekend before I explore side 2 further.

dean_martin
03-04-2014, 02:08 PM
The music might be good but the name is palgiarized.
If I put out a hit song or CD, I wouldn't do it under the stage name of Page Clapton.

I'm not sure to what you're referring, MC. Which "name"? Album title? Artist name? Song title (which I rarely pay attention to anymore)? I'm probably missing something obvious, but please explain for the slow-witted.

Swish
03-07-2014, 04:09 AM
I'm not sure to what you're referring, MC. Which "name"? Album title? Artist name? Song title (which I rarely pay attention to anymore)? I'm probably missing something obvious, but please explain for the slow-witted.

He sure didn't go into any detail, but from what I'm seeing, this new Beck release is among the best of the year so far.

Slosh
03-07-2014, 03:04 PM
I'm guessing he's referring to Beck as in Jeff Beck. At least Beck (which MC is actually his first name, if you didn't know) doesn't call his band Led Yardbirds :)