Biglots store DVD clearance [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Biglots store DVD clearance

Smokey
02-20-2014, 08:50 PM
If you have Biglots store near you, they have clearance on DVDs right now.

Here is what I picked up yesterday:

The Mummy 2-disc (Branden Fraser) $3.44
The Mummy Returns 2-disc (Fraser) $3.44
Mean Streets (Robert Deniro) $2.10
A Fine Mess (Ted Danson) $1.50
One Night At McCools (Matt Dillon) $1.50

Back To School (Rodney Dangerfield) $2.50
Meet The Spartan (parody of The 300) $2.10
Splitting Heirs (Rick Moranis) $1.50
After Hours (Martin Scorsese) $1.50

Pontiac Moon (Ted Danson) $0.60
Grand Prix 2-disc (James Garner) $0.90
The Revenge Of Frankenstein (Peter Cushin) $0.90
Last of Red Hot Lovers (Neil Simon's) $0.60

Jack in Wilmington
02-21-2014, 06:25 AM
I've given up on the buying of DVD's. I will purchase a few special BluRay discs like the Star Wars box set and the Harry Potter series. I watched our friend collect movies on VHS tape for years and now she has a whole wall of tapes collecting dust. If I want to watch something I can always stream it from Netflix.

Smokey
02-21-2014, 09:58 PM
If I want to watch something I can always stream it from Netflix.Netflix is lacking alot in older film titles, and their selection of older TV shows fare even worse. So DVD is probably the only medium right now to watch most of older tilte films and TV shows :)

Jack in Wilmington
02-22-2014, 05:08 AM
Hey Smoke, I'm getting back into some of the old TV shows from the 60's and 70's. We must have 5 or 6 channels that play the old shows now. The old cop shows like Cannon and Adam 12 are fun because they don't have DNA tests and all the slick stuff they have now. I'm getting ready to get a Roku 3 to help with streaming movies to my television.

Smokey
02-22-2014, 08:15 PM
Hey Smoke, I'm getting back into some of the old TV shows from the 60's and 70's. We must have 5 or 6 channels that play the old shows now. The old cop shows like Cannon and Adam 12 are fun because they don't have DNA tests and all the slick stuff they have now. I'm getting ready to get a Roku 3 to help with streaming movies to my television.

I also have couple of local channels that show old TV shows and they are fun to watch. Have alot of older TV shows on DVD, and picture quality of some of those TV shows are spectacular.

But local channel's picture quality does not do them justice visually. TV shows like Wild Wild West, Hawaii-5-O, Odd Couple, Hogan's Heroes, Gomer Pyle have excellent PQ on DVDs. And no commercials :)

Worf101
02-25-2014, 06:44 PM
No bargain bin DVD sales for me. I look for HOURS and NEVER find anything worth buying. Urrrrgh!!!!

Worf