I'm totally done!!!! [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : I'm totally done!!!!

Worf101
02-19-2014, 05:55 PM
I'm sorry BUT, if I see one more snowflake... JUST ONE! I'm gonna stick my head in an oven and punch the gas!!!!!

Da "too sick of shovelin' for words" Worfster

ForeverAutumn
02-19-2014, 06:02 PM
I totally hear you Worfster. I've had it with the White Devil Dust myself. But there is Hope my friend. Beautiful, delicious, Hope. Today the temperature reached 5C here. That's warm enough to watch some snow start to melt. Yes, melt. I can actually see parts of my driveway again.

Spring is coming. Not fast enough. But it's coming.

JohnMichael
02-19-2014, 06:17 PM
My dog and I struggle every walk. Between the low temps and the snow piled high we can barely get around. Regardless of the difficulties he still wants to walk 1 1/2 hours at a time. He misses visiting with other dogs and humans. It seems he and I are the only ones walking.

Sunday morning we were out walking when fresh snow was falling. We walked in front of the rental office on the semi circular sidewalk. Most of the sidewalk was covered in fresh snow. One piece of sidewalk was lower and water pooled and refroze. When I stepped forward my feet flew out and I slammed onto the icy concrete so fast I did not know I was falling. My back took most of the impact along with a snap to the neck and some pain to the head. My dog ran over to check me out and give me kisses. I could not get up from the ice so I scooted over to some snow and got up. The fall also knocked the wind out of me and my vision was blurry and my thinking was fuzzy. A lady gave Corky and I a ride home.

So yes I am sick to death of snow and cold. OH well I am listening to a lot of music and drinking a lot of wine.

JohnMichael
02-19-2014, 06:19 PM
Springtime in Paris!

ForeverAutumn
02-19-2014, 07:09 PM
Oh no, John! I hope that you're okay. Google "ice cleats". You can get them to strap onto shoes and boots, or you can buy boots with the cleats built into the soles. They help you keep your traction when walking on icy surfaces. It might be something to consider to help keep you safe during your walks.

JohnMichael
02-20-2014, 07:13 AM
Oh no, John! I hope that you're okay. Google "ice cleats". You can get them to strap onto shoes and boots, or you can buy boots with the cleats built into the soles. They help you keep your traction when walking on icy surfaces. It might be something to consider to help keep you safe during your walks.

The one morning I did not wear my Yaktrax. We had so much melting on Saturday that there was very little ice. Oh but that one piece of sidewalk that was lower than the others held the runoff and refroze over night and I found it.

Today much had refrozen and we are having rain which is not helping. I did wear my Yaktrax so I stayed upright. The Yaktrax are nice because they use coils instead of spikes and they do not damage carpet.

Feanor
02-20-2014, 09:06 AM
Sunday morning we were out walking when fresh snow was falling. We walked in front of the rental office on the semi circular sidewalk. Most of the sidewalk was covered in fresh snow. One piece of sidewalk was lower and water pooled and refroze. When I stepped forward my feet flew out and I slammed onto the icy concrete so fast I did not know I was falling. My back took most of the impact along with a snap to the neck and some pain to the head. My dog ran over to check me out and give me kisses. I could not get up from the ice so I scooted over to some snow and got up. The fall also knocked the wind out of me and my vision was blurry and my thinking was fuzzy. A lady gave Corky and I a ride home.
JM, I hope you're OK; do you need to be checked for concussion? Maybe you should.

We're supposed to hit 1-2C today, but the real issue is rain -- 30-40mm, (1.2-1.6 inches). This could make for soggy mess. People around here are very concerned about flooding which will inevitably happen if all this snow melts too quickly.

JohnMichael
02-20-2014, 09:30 AM
JM, I hope you're OK; do you need to be checked for concussion? Maybe you should.

I have not been checked this time around but I have had multiple concussions. Luckily I had no nausea or vomiting and my pupils remained equal and reactive to light. After my last backwards fall down a flight of steps I had really been protective of my head. I really did not need this fall.

We have some areas that are at risk for flooding. Where I am the risk is minimal. Keep safe and dry. Corky and I were caught in three showers on our walk and this evening it will be more rain.

blackraven
02-20-2014, 12:12 PM
We are supposed to get between 7-12" of wet heavy snow tonight. I'll have the snow blower out 2-3 times tonight. I love the Twin Cities but I loath the winters. In a few years I hope to move to Albuquerque New Mexico, dry air, some seasonal weather with over 300 days of sunshine per year.

ForeverAutumn
02-20-2014, 12:37 PM
with over 300 days of sunshine per year.

Mmmmmmmmm. Sunshine. :arf:

Worf101
02-20-2014, 12:57 PM
John.... glad to hear you survived your "sudden trip". I've gone ass over tea kettle myself some over the years it ain't exactly what I calls fun. FA!!!! "white devil dust"? That madam is "priceless"!!!! Yeah it almost hit 50 here today.... manna from heaven!!!! I just wish our Canadian brethren would keep this stuff to themselves....

Worf

Worf101
02-20-2014, 01:01 PM
We are supposed to get between 7-12" of wet heavy snow tonight. I'll have the snow blower out 2-3 times tonight. I love the Twin Cities but I loath the winters. In a few years I hope to move to Albuquerque New Mexico, dry air, some seasonal weather with over 300 days of sunshine per year.

What???? Sir that's desertion!!!! Cowardice in the face of the frozen enemy. I demand... DEMAND AH SAY, that you stay here and suffer with the rest of us.

Worf

TheHills44060
02-20-2014, 03:16 PM
... I hope to move to Albuquerque New Mexico, dry air, some seasonal weather with over 300 days of sunshine per year.

Wow now that's my type of weather. I would be fine if i never witnessed another snowflake in my life.

ForeverAutumn
02-20-2014, 04:30 PM
FA!!!! "white devil dust"? That madam is "priceless"!!!!
Worf

I have to give credit where credit is due. Another AR member, Swish, posted it on my Facebook page one day and I stole it. Been using it ever since. I give you permission to use it also. :)

blackraven
02-20-2014, 06:03 PM
I'm done too!!!!!! My son and i just cleared the driveway. I had to pull my AWD SUV out of the garage to get the snow blower out and the SUV go stuck in the snow on the driveway. After 30 min we were finally able to get it out. It's Margarita time!

ForeverAutumn
02-21-2014, 07:28 AM
Stolen from Facebook. Hehehe!

blackraven
02-26-2014, 09:47 AM
I can't F#*king believe it. The weather report this morning says blizzard warning this evening! Winds will be 40mph! The roads are still covered with thick patchy sheets of ice from the last storm where we had freezing rain and then about 7-10" of snow last week. The snow in my yard is 4-5 feet tall in some places. To top it off, we are getting arctic air with below zero temps and it is almost March!

ForeverAutumn
02-26-2014, 10:15 AM
I hear ya man! It was -30C here this morning with the wind chill. -21 right now, at noon. And we're supposed to get about 10cm of snow this weekend...although that forecast could change.

I logged onto the Weather Network website for Toronto and it says "No sign of spring until at least mid-March".

I wish I could just hibernate until April. I am so tired of being cold.

Worf101
02-27-2014, 10:17 AM
Teeth chattering...
Bones clacking....
Body aching....

Arrrrgh how much more of this "arctic abuse" are we expected to take????!!!!!! Hmmm??? Henh?????? I like a joke as well as the next guy but C'mon!!!!!

Worf

Feanor
02-27-2014, 11:00 AM
Teeth chattering...
Bones clacking....
Body aching....

Arrrrgh how much more of this "arctic abuse" are we expected to take????!!!!!! Hmmm??? Henh?????? I like a joke as well as the next guy but C'mon!!!!!

Worf
We've had falling temperatures (-15C = 5 F), high wind chill, and snow squalls off Lake Huron today here in London ON. Terrific ... and no end in sight.

ForeverAutumn
02-27-2014, 12:08 PM
We've got those same falling temps in Toronto today. Thankfully no snow here though. I just read that there was a 96 car pile-up about 45 minutes north of here this morning caused by a snow squall and white-out conditions. Here's a cool shot of that weather from a local news helicopter.

JohnMichael
02-27-2014, 04:34 PM
To fully enjoy this winter you all need a beagle to walk. I will admit we are only walking twice a day for a total of 3-4 hours. He loves the snow and rolling around in it. People see us walking in extreme temps and one woman called the rental office on the coldest mornings concerned I might have Alzheimer's and wandered off. They asked if the man was walking a beagle and when she said yes they told her not to worry it's just John.

ForeverAutumn
02-27-2014, 05:31 PM
I've gotta tell ya John, I admire you for continuing to walk Corky every day. If I had a beagle to walk...he wouldn't get walked.

ForeverAutumn
02-28-2014, 06:08 AM
Last night, on my way home from work, I stopped for gas. I always fill the tank, especially in winter. It was so cold and windy that I put in $20 and quit. I don't think I've ever done that before.

This morning it was -19C (-3F) before the wind chill.

Tomorrow is supposed to warm up to -1C, but with the warmer temperature, it's expected to snow.

I'm thinking about changing my name to ForeverWinter.

JohnMichael
02-28-2014, 04:04 PM
Last night, on my way home from work, I stopped for gas. I always fill the tank, especially in winter. It was so cold and windy that I put in $20 and quit. I don't think I've ever done that before.

This morning it was -19C (-3F) before the wind chill.

Tomorrow is supposed to warm up to -1C, but with the warmer temperature, it's expected to snow.

I'm thinking about changing my name to ForeverWinter.

No if you are going to change your name it should be ForeverSummer since you are neither in the Autumn nor Winter of your life. We should just change Winter's name to Suck.

blackraven
02-28-2014, 07:48 PM
We just had a 50 car pile up in I-35. The weather for this week is highs of single digits around 1-5F and lows in the minus 5-12F. We are colder than Alaska!

Sir Terrence the Terrible
03-08-2014, 08:44 AM
I fell really sorry for you all, and this is why I came to California. However, we have our own issues.

The weather has been spectacular all winter. Unfortunately, we haven't had much rain which means drought. I remember the last major drought. I found out then I have a whole lot of bad habits when it comes to water that I had to change.

Three minute showers, here we come.

ForeverAutumn
03-08-2014, 11:31 AM
Your drought is affecting us too. We're seeing significant increases in the price of some produce. And if we don't return to seasonal temperatures here soon, it'll affect our own farmers and local produce this summer.

Auricauricle
03-08-2014, 12:00 PM
We've been more fortunate than many, here in SC, but that doesn't mean that we haven't endured the wrath of Old Man Winter's ire. Seems as soon as we get a break, the geezer rears his head up and pummels us again with freezing rain, wind, and other weather conditions that have made a nightmare out of driving and killed any plans for vacations or excursions out. Prices in the market are reflective of the droughts and shortfalls, a condition I expect will persist long into late Spring or Summer. We've dug in and decided to make the best of it, though. We've killed the Cable Box and cranked up the DVD and Netflix. Books are flying off the shelves and old favorites are spinning on the stereo. Winter's hard, mighty hard this year, but we're moving on. I'm glad to see some familiar faces here and wish good things to all of you. Keep truckin', y'all!

blackraven
03-08-2014, 06:14 PM
The only good thing to come out of this long cold winter is that the Skeeter's will not be as much of a problem this summer, unless it is unusually wet. The longer and colder the winter here, the less the bugs survive the winter. Summer nights in MN are fabulous but those evil blood sucking insects ruin it! It's even worse now that West Nile virus is here to stay!

JohnMichael
03-09-2014, 10:41 AM
These past few sunny days have been great dog walking weather. Corky has been happy to see many of his friends. Of course he does sit down and soak up the sun. Of course he does not move until he is ready. He is a very stubborn beagle at times. I am sure he is thinking why go inside dad you are only going to sit in front of the stereo. Looking forward to his fascination with the young rabbits and groundhogs. He chases hell out of the adults but only watches the babies. We also have a great number of deer that tolerate us. I love the rebirth of Spring.

blackraven
03-10-2014, 08:49 AM
The Big Melt!

Ok, March is supposed to be the month with the most snow here in MN. But it melts fairly quickly. Temps the past couple of days have been 35-40F. Today it is supposed to be 48. I love the warm up but the slush and puddles of water are a pain. And the road spray while driving is terrible. You can go through a gallon of washer fluid a week.

But hey, who's complaining, it feels like summer out side after 50 days of below zero temps! My dogs are smiling too, especially my 17 y/o Italian Grey hound. Owning one of these dogs in a cold climate is a sick joke. The dog needs a full body suit and 2 sweaters just to go outside. She also needs booty's when the temps get near zero. Even in the house she needs the body suit and a sweater. My other dog is a Giant Schnauzer and even he is happy with the warm weather, although it will be another month before we can go for regular walks.

ForeverAutumn
03-12-2014, 06:15 AM
So just when I was excited that I could see my driveway again (previously covered by about 5 inches of ice), it's snowing again. At least it'll be easier to shovel without all the ice underneath. We better be getting a nice summer after all of this.

Hyfi
03-13-2014, 05:22 AM
It's been snowing for over 24 hours now with blizzard like conditions and wind. More than a foot where I am and closer to 2 feet up at the downhill area of Stowe Mt. We are in for the day until plowed out.

Worf101
03-13-2014, 07:15 AM
Ole man winter... the basterd's got me again!!!! Temps in the single digits... A nifty ICE STORM followed by about 6 inches of snow. Actually the snow on top of the ice is the only reason anything's moving this morning... Have I mentioned before that I'm SICK to DEATH of this winter???? Hmmm? Hennnh? Hmmm?

Love you all, particularly Auri who I've not seen in a coons age!!!

Da "weary of this winter" Worfster

ForeverAutumn
03-13-2014, 08:12 AM
We were hit with over a foot of snow yesterday. The roads on my drive home from work were, surprisingly, not too bad. So I underestimated the amount of snow we got. I thought "It's going to be warmer on Friday, I won't shovel, I'll just wait for it to melt".

WRONG! Got home and couldn't get my AWD Escape into the driveway. Nor could I pass the 3 foot drift blocking my front door to get into the house! Thank god for our snow blower. Even with the snow blower, clearing the snow in the wind and cold was enough to set off my asthma. Hubby pulled into the driveway just as I finished clearing the driveway and walkway. Impeccable timing on his part. :prrr:

kexodusc
03-22-2014, 02:43 AM
I arrived home to 20 cm of fresh pow. Thank goodness it rained, then froze again and made an icy, slushy moat on my walkway.
:/
https://www.dropbox.com/sc/0vogiw2halypxfr/6P7jSpGc7R

Minus 16 this week. Yaaaay. Happy Spring.

ForeverAutumn
03-22-2014, 05:28 AM
I arrived home to 20 cm of fresh pow. Thank goodness it rained, then froze again and made an icy, slushy moat on my walkway.
:/
https://www.dropbox.com/sc/0vogiw2halypxfr/6P7jSpGc7R

Minus 16 this week. Yaaaay. Happy Spring.

Hmmmm. You win. I think I'll keep the 1cm that we got overnight to myself. Glad you made it home (and up your walkway) safely.

TheHills44060
03-26-2014, 08:03 AM
Stopped snowing this morning, finally.

JohnMichael
03-26-2014, 09:17 AM
Bitter cold this morning for the end of March. Snow on the ground and all the Spring flowers ready or near ready to bloom. This better be a beautiful Spring to make up for this lousy and extended winter.

ForeverAutumn
03-26-2014, 09:21 AM
It's really cold here today, but it's the last day of the extended forecast that is showing sub-zero temps. It's supposed to get up to 8C and sunny by Sunday. I hope it continues in that direction. I've heard that we can expect below average temperatures for April, but that's okay as long as they are, at least, above zero.

Meanwhile the East Coast is getting hammered with a huge snow storm and blizzard conditions with up to 50 cm of snow expected in some areas. Glad I'm not there!

kexodusc
03-29-2014, 08:16 AM
Yay, more snow tomorrow!

Markwinstanley
04-10-2014, 11:56 PM
Stolen from Facebook. Hehehe!

Wow amazing. It should be picture of the winter.

blackraven
04-14-2014, 12:21 PM
After 3 days in the 60's here it is back down to the 30's and chance of rain mixed with snow later in the week. AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAh:mad2:!

ForeverAutumn
04-14-2014, 07:32 PM
After 3 days in the 60's here it is back down to the 30's and chance of rain mixed with snow later in the week. AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAh:mad2:!

The same here. I'm just counting the sleeps to 30C in Las Vegas next week. Been dusting off my sandals. :D

blackraven
04-15-2014, 09:12 AM
The worst part of this time of year in Minnesota is that you de-acclimate to the cold very quickly with just a few warm days. Normally 30F would feel very warm here during the winter. But after a few days of 50F plus weather, 30F feels like 0F.

ForeverAutumn
04-15-2014, 12:55 PM
Woke up to about 2 inches of snow this morning. Much of it is gone now, but there is still a smattering of white bull**** on the ground. :(

blackraven
04-16-2014, 08:08 AM
Same here. I woke up this morning to a light dusting of snow and more to come. I a few more years I will be moving to some place warm like Albuquerque NM. I love the Twin Cities for its lakes, culture, entertainment and dinning but I hate the weather and mosquito's.

Worf101
04-17-2014, 10:41 AM
Ahem... yesterday I woke to 3-inches of snow on the ground and a temperature of a balmy 24 degrees outside..... this REALLY isn't funny anymore.

Worf