Anne Murray top three [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Anne Murray top three

Smokey
02-17-2014, 02:12 PM
I grow up with Anne Murray on the radio and althought she sing alot of cheesey love songs, she do have couple of songs that are listenable.

She should have took more career chances and ventured out to more music genre other than pop standards. Alot of her songs sound alike and get boring just after few.

Ranked according to most favorite:

1. Shadows In The Moonlight

2. Just Another Woman In Love

3. Now And Forever (You And Me)

http://www.librarising.com/astrology/celebs/images2/A/annemurray.jpg

noddin0ff
02-18-2014, 03:54 AM
Oh shoot. Now I have "Let's Keep it That Way" stuck in my head.

ForeverAutumn
02-18-2014, 06:37 AM
I don't think that I know three Anne Murray songs other than Snowbird, You Needed Me, and Danny's Song. And I wouldn't list any of those as my favourites. She did a children's album a long time ago that was pretty cute.

When I was growing up, I had two cousins who were sisters. One is my age and the other a few years older. The older one LOVED Anne Murray. Anne used to do a free show every year at a local amphitheatre that used to be free (oh the good ol' days). Every year my older cousin would drag her sister and I downtown to this Anne Murray show. Then we would wait outside the gate after the show for Anne to come out the stage door...she never did.

Years later, the older cousin was working in entertainment marketing. When the younger sister got married, the older sister somehow got Anne Murray to record a video of a personal wedding wish and then played it at the wedding. It was really cool.

Apparently, Anne lives pretty close to me. I've never spotted her though. I've seen Gordon Lightfoot. I ran into Geddy Lee once. But I've never spotted Anne.

ken88
02-18-2014, 09:54 AM
My favourite song is "Could I have this dance" by Anne. It's a beautiful romantic song if I can call it that way.

Smokey
02-19-2014, 07:26 PM
Years later, the older cousin was working in entertainment marketing. When the younger sister got married, the older sister somehow got Anne Murray to record a video of a personal wedding wish and then played it at the wedding. It was really cool.Wow, that is cool. That show she is a good sport :)

Finch Platte
02-21-2014, 04:47 AM
I don't think that I know three Anne Murray songs other than Snowbird, You Needed Me, and Danny's Song. And I wouldn't list any of those as my favourites. She did a children's album a long time ago that was pretty cute.

When I was growing up, I had two cousins who were sisters. One is my age and the other a few years older. The older one LOVED Anne Murray. Anne used to do a free show every year at a local amphitheatre that used to be free (oh the good ol' days). Every year my older cousin would drag her sister and I downtown to this Anne Murray show. Then we would wait outside the gate after the show for Anne to come out the stage door...she never did.

Years later, the older cousin was working in entertainment marketing. When the younger sister got married, the older sister somehow got Anne Murray to record a video of a personal wedding wish and then played it at the wedding. It was really cool.

Apparently, Anne lives pretty closencounI've never spotted her though. I've seen Gordon Lightfoot. I ran into Geddy Lee once. But I've never spotted Anne.

I wanna hear more about the Geddy encounter!

ForeverAutumn
02-21-2014, 07:25 AM

Not much to tell really. I pulled into a mid-town parking lot behind a really nice Mercedes and parked right across the aisle from it. We both got out of our cars, I looked at the guy and thought to myself, "hey, he looks like Geddy Lee". Then I realized that he looked way too much like Geddy Lee to not be Geddy Lee. We made eye contact, he knew that I knew who he was. But he didn't smile or acknowledge me. He just turned and walked away. He was with a woman, I'm assuming his wife.

If I'd had a Rush CD in the car I might have stopped him and asked for an autograph, but I didn't. His body language made it pretty obvious that he didn't want to be bothered, so I let him go without saying anything.

Finch Platte
02-21-2014, 12:50 PM
Not much to tell really. I pulled into a mid-town parking lot behind a really nice Mercedes and parked right across the aisle from it. We both got out of our cars, I looked at the guy and thought to myself, "hey, he looks like Geddy Lee". Then I realized that he looked way too much like Geddy Lee to not be Geddy Lee. We made eye contact, he knew that I knew who he was. But he didn't smile or acknowledge me. He just turned and walked away. He was with a woman, I'm assuming his wife.

If I'd had a Rush CD in the car I might have stopped him and asked for an autograph, but I didn't. His body language made it pretty obvious that he didn't want to be bothered, so I let him go without saying anything.

What?!? you mean he wasn't driving a red Barchetta???

ForeverAutumn
02-21-2014, 01:03 PM
What?!? you mean he wasn't driving a red Barchetta???

LOL! Nope. Black Mercedes.

For the record...I don't know what Anne Murray drives.

Finch Platte
02-21-2014, 05:01 PM
LOL! Nope. Black Mercedes.

For the record...I don't know what Anne Murray drives.

well, I know what kind of bike she rides, a Murray :)

Swish
02-22-2014, 03:41 AM

Sounds like she's a stalker.

ForeverAutumn
02-22-2014, 06:37 AM
Sounds like she's a stalker.

Ahem. Cough. Britt Daniel. Cough. Cough.

3LB
02-25-2014, 10:40 AM
Ahem. Cough. Britt Daniel. Cough. Cough.

awesome :D

3LB
02-25-2014, 10:47 AM
There was a pretty funny episode of Family Guy where Stewie and Brian contemplate the deeper meaning of the song Snowbird and decide to travel to Canada to hear first-hand from Murray (who provides her own voice).