b&w a7 airplay setup [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : b&w a7 airplay setup

jordan2
02-16-2014, 02:34 PM
Dear all,
I have a question about airplay b&w a7.
I love it but the a7 might get jigger when the wireless channel is busy (not to with the router speed, but because of the channel of many other routers of neighbours).
The solution I did is to use apple TV stream to tv and then use optical cable to connect tv to a7.

Can I ask during the transition, any loss of audio quality?

Also, I dont wish to use connect usb to router as i hate those cables.

Many thanks

jordan2
02-16-2014, 02:36 PM
Dear all,
I love it but the a7 might get jigger when the wireless channel is busy (not to with the router speed, but because of the channel of many other routers of neighbours).

The solution I did is to use apple TV stream to tv and then use optical cable to connect tv to a7. By doing this, the weak a7 wireless chip is compensated by the more powerful apple tv wireless chip.

Many thanks

JohnMichael
02-16-2014, 03:38 PM
I combined your threads and moved it to Portable Audio. When you have multiple posts in multiple forums you may get answers in both and members will not always no which you have read. Welcome.

noddin0ff
02-18-2014, 03:52 AM
Dear all,
The solution I did is to use apple TV stream to tv and then use optical cable to connect tv to a7.

Many thanks

The general answer is "no". You won't have any loss of quality. There is a possible exception, but it may not pertain to you at all, or it may not make any audible difference.

It's possible that high res, lossless audio files (e.g. files with resolutions of 96kHz or 192kHz at 24-bit, when CD quality audio is 16-bit 44.1kHz) may be downsampled to 16-bit at 44.1 or 48kHz for airplay streaming. I have a few of these in my collection and I can't hear any difference in playback.

This only applies to high-res lossless audio. Other file types would not be affected as they are either already compressed or transmitted differently.

There was a thread here on a related topic that has some more details.
http://forums.audioreview.com/general-audio/best-ipod-performance-39878.html

nehal
10-30-2014, 11:38 PM
The iPhone, however, is another story. Mine has become a preferred music device of choice. I have unlimited data, so I can stream from anywhere I can get a Cell signal. Another option I have is an Apple TV at home that will access my WiFi (not dependent on your data plan) through AirPlay and allow the iPhone or iPad to serve as a remote controller. Either way, I have easy access to my Pandora One account (which sounds better than my mp3 files) and I plan to add Spotify in the near future. It's pretty slick for general listening.