Suggestions for HTIB purchase [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Suggestions for HTIB purchase

Crash7
04-24-2004, 06:02 AM
I'm rather inexperienced in the audio arena and would like some suggestions on home theater in a box systems, if that is the correct term to use. I say that because I only need the speakers, and perhaps a better DVD player. Here's my current arrangement:

1. Kenwood Equalizer (GE-5010)
2. Kenwood CD Player (DP-M107R)
3. Yamaha Cassette Deck (KX-W900)
4. Kenwood AV Surround Receiver (1080VR)
5. Sony DVD Player (DVP-NS325) (Yeah it's cheap - won it in Super Bowl party drawing)
6. JVC 32" TV (AV 32S33)

Based on the components I have what would you recommend as a good speaker setup? I'd like 4 speakers for frront and rear, a center speaker, and the bass module.

Thanks.

AVMASTER
04-24-2004, 07:44 AM
there r plenty of home theater speaker packages you could use but without knowing your requirements ( size, room layout, color/finish, budget,etc..) , i'd suggest upgrading all of it for: Kenwood HTB-706DV msrp $600.00

Crash7
04-24-2004, 03:10 PM
there r plenty of home theater speaker packages you could use but without knowing your requirements ( size, room layout, color/finish, budget,etc..) , i'd suggest upgrading all of it for: Kenwood HTB-706DV msrp $600.00

Thanks for your help. I'm really not interested in getting rid of what I have. The AV unit does very well. I had it hooked to Bose speakers in my last house and they sounded great. The wall units were left with the buyer and my ex-wife got the center speaker. I got the rest, which is what put me in my current situation. I don't use the cassette player very much but the CD player is great. Never skips!

I'll be selling this house and building a new one but my entertainment room will be approx. 15" x 15", probably square, and with the standard furniture pieces (sofa, chair, tables, curtains, etc.). I have a solid oak entertainment center that houses the TV and stereo system.

What 5 speaker sysstems would you recommend? I'm really interested in sound quality over pure volume.

N. Abstentia
04-24-2004, 04:14 PM
Coming from Bose speakers just about anything will sound 500 times better than that. Check out the Onkyo 5.1 system that Circuit City sells for less than $300 ($279 I think). As it comes, it's a nice setup but if you upgrade the sub you'll have a nice little system. Drop around $500 on a HSU sub and you're set.

Bryan
04-26-2004, 07:42 AM
What sort of budget are you working with?

stuartlittle
04-28-2004, 02:19 PM
check out www.orbaudio.com...great sound and really cool looking

dinon
04-29-2004, 06:53 PM
I'm rather inexperienced in the audio arena and would like some suggestions on home theater in a box systems, if that is the correct term to use. I say that because I only need the speakers, and perhaps a better DVD player. Here's my current arrangement:

1. Kenwood Equalizer (GE-5010)
2. Kenwood CD Player (DP-M107R)
3. Yamaha Cassette Deck (KX-W900)
4. Kenwood AV Surround Receiver (1080VR)
5. Sony DVD Player (DVP-NS325) (Yeah it's cheap - won it in Super Bowl party drawing)
6. JVC 32" TV (AV 32S33)

Based on the components I have what would you recommend as a good speaker setup? I'd like 4 speakers for frront and rear, a center speaker, and the bass module.

Thanks.

Hi, try this http://www.jr.com/JRProductPage.process?RestartFlow=t&Section_Id=1&Product_Id=3715338
if you really want a HTIB. this is a very decent one in market now.