Added NAD to the collection [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Added NAD to the collection

thekid
02-02-2014, 05:31 AM
Have always heard great things about NAD gear but during my thrift store adventures have not come across any other than a cassette deck. My luck changed the other day when i came across this near mint combo at a local GW. Both the receiver and the CD player seemed a bit on the light side releative to other highly regarded gear I have owned. Took a chance on them anyway and glad I did.

Very balanced sound and the tuner section is unbelievable. My regular listening area has been a challenge for many tuners and receivers over the years but the NAD locks down on the stereo signal and does not let it go. The CD player plays flawlessly and sounds great with my ADS 400's. The ADS are 4ohm and the NAD does not break a sweat powering them.

Feanor
02-02-2014, 05:47 AM
Lookin' good. What model tuner? Looks a dead-ringer for one that I have; if not the same model, then from the same era.

thekid
02-02-2014, 06:09 AM
Lookin' good. What model tuner? Looks a dead-ringer for one that I have; if not the same model, then from the same era.

Good Morning my elfin friend!

The receiver is a 7240PE. The PE stands for "Power Envelope" and apparently refers to a design that allow it to produce more power and headroom beyond its stated 40wpc. According to the owners manual it can carry loads down to 2ohms. I don't think i will be hooking it up to my Maggies though to test that... :)

The CD player is a 5240 and came with the remote.

Feanor
02-02-2014, 08:54 AM
Good Morning my elfin friend!

The receiver is a 7240PE. The PE stands for "Power Envelope" and apparently refers to a design that allow it to produce more power and headroom beyond its stated 40wpc. According to the owners manual it can carry loads down to 2ohms. I don't think i will be hooking it up to my Maggies though to test that... :)

The CD player is a 5240 and came with the remote.
Yes, I did mean receiver. Mine is a 7130. Right now there is a lot of static when I adjust the volume or balance; I'm going to try so Deoxit one of these days.

Kuntao
02-22-2014, 08:44 PM
Hey! Looks real good! I have a similar set up, which brings a newbie off topic. Do you guys know where I can find a set of relays or Speaker protection relays for a NAD 2200? I am new to these forums and I am swimming in the shallows?!?!

I like NAD and have a similar NAD tuner but my NAD Amplifier relay went out and now my left channel is down!

thanks in advance for any help!

thekid
05-24-2014, 04:55 AM
Sold some gear off and moved some gear around. Decided to see how the NAD gear sounded with my Von Schweikert VR-2's. Sound is great and there is a high WAF quotient!