Usher Audio D2 MKII & Acoustic Signature Turntable Pictures [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Usher Audio D2 MKII & Acoustic Signature Turntable Pictures

Florian
01-18-2014, 09:42 AM
Hello Guys,

here go some pics of my new setup. (Don`t worry Joe i still got my Grands as well).

Usher Audio D2 MKII (2013 Version, 300kg per side)
KR Electronics KR V350i (SET 30Watts, No Feedback)
Acoustic Signature Analog One with External Power Supply
2 Motors
Balance Audio Aeries (Air Floatation) Arm
Van Den Hul Canary Special Edition MC
Plinius Koru
Siltech, Goertz, Lundahl & Analysis Plus cables

Enjoy the pics

Feanor
01-18-2014, 10:19 AM
Thanks for the pictures and info. This system in various ways is a polar departure from Grands and associated components you've enthused about in the past.

Do you find the large horns have some of the qualities of ribbons? In any case it seems clear to me that people who like SETs, horns, and vinyl (for the matter), have a different taste in sound from those who like s/s (or hybrids or push/pull value) amps, dynamics or planars, and digital sources. Some people take a strong position and are quite judgemental of others' choices, though I'm not one those myself.

TheHills44060
01-18-2014, 12:20 PM
Holey moley that record player is insane!

Florian
01-18-2014, 02:13 PM
Thanks for the pictures and info. This system in various ways is a polar departure from Grands and associated components you've enthused about in the past.

Do you find the large horns have some of the qualities of ribbons? In any case it seems clear to me that people who like SETs, horns, and vinyl (for the matter), have a different taste in sound from those who like s/s (or hybrids or push/pull value) amps, dynamics or planars, and digital sources. Some people take a strong position and are quite judgemental of others' choices, though I'm not one those myself.

If executed right, planars (true ribbon midrange designs) and good 2 way horns are very similar in my experience. Both are crazy in resolution, dynamics and soundstaging. I had some of the best SS designs myself and just dont like them on a horn or a planar. Hybrids can be very good indeed as can pure tubes. In the end its really a money question. Some good things are affordable, but to get the ultimate or close to the ultimate you have to spend lots of cash. I enjoy all systems and am not fixed a certain type of design. I still dont like 99% of all box speakers or horns....but there are some exceptions, which is why i buy them. The Grand is still here, altough currently for sale. If you will, i can sort of choose now from a huge range of products which is not possible for most outside of the showroom and it took me 7 years to find something i like as much or better.

Cheers

frenchmon
01-18-2014, 03:41 PM
Great system as always...what Analysis Plus cables do you have?

Florian
01-19-2014, 03:19 AM
I don't know, it just says Analysis Plus "Patent Pending" (API) and on the top it says "Sophia". I also have some Analysis Plus Solo Crystal Oval interconnects, but i don't use those, instead i use Lundahl LL6810 from Sweden with transformers.

JoeE SP9
01-19-2014, 11:54 AM
Like that TT and arm a lot!!!! I hope your current gear gives you as much pleasure as the Grands.

Florian
01-19-2014, 11:45 PM
Like that TT and arm a lot!!!! I hope your current gear gives you as much pleasure as the Grands.

Thanks Joe, the TT is awsome and i enjoy the whole system massively altough its a bit sad to see a fully restored pair of Grands in perfect condition collecting a bit dust at the back of the room.

frenchmon
01-20-2014, 04:38 AM
I also have some Analysis Plus Solo Crystal Oval interconnects, but i don't use those

Do you want to sell the Analysis Plus Solo Crystal Cable?

Florian
01-20-2014, 09:14 AM
[/FONT][/COLOR]

Do you want to sell the Analysis Plus Solo Crystal Cable?

Hello, no i usually keep stuff below 500$, never know if i need it.

frenchmon
01-21-2014, 04:54 AM
Ok...just asking. In the States, those retail for $550.00 per meter. I have one pair and will be getting 2 more pair and then the speaker cables.