Wig Out At Jagbags [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Wig Out At Jagbags

audiobill
01-18-2014, 09:23 AM
Anyone listen to the full album of Stephen Malkmus & the Jicks that came out recently? I am curious to know what your thoughts are as I'd like to pick it up, based on the few songs that I've previewed online.

I've enjoyed the single "Lariat" that is extremely catchy on YouTube -

Stephen Malkmus & The Jicks - Lariat (Lyric Video) - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zYC5JASqWnI)

The title of the album alone makes me want to buy it - "Wig Out At Jagbags"!

Your thoughts?

Swish
01-19-2014, 03:23 AM
Just buy it already Bill. Like you, I've heard several tracks off this new one, including 'Cinnamon and Lesbians' just yesterday, so I'm going to take the plunge and buy this one. He's touring and comes to Philly on March 1st, so I'm guessing a bunch of us will be heading there.

audiobill
01-23-2014, 06:00 PM
He's touring and comes to Philly on March 1st, so I'm guessing a bunch of us will be heading there.

Maaaaaan. You guys get all the cool shows, out your way. Mind you, on a separate note - Neutral Milk Hotel this past Monday was aaaaaawesome ;)

Swish
01-24-2014, 04:28 AM
All the cool shows? Hmmm. You just got to see NMH (my show is on the 30th) and I'm still envious that you saw Leonard Cohen.

I did get to see Pavement on their reunion tour, and Malkmus about two years ago in Philly. The next show after NMH is Jonathan Wilson at the Underground Art on 2/14. You can check him out on youtube.