Simple PA System [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Simple PA System

randco
01-04-2014, 06:13 AM
I am putting some components together in my effort to make a voice only PA system.

I want to use a ART Tube MP Studio Mic Preamp with a Pyle-Pro PDMIC58 Professional Moving Coil Dynamic Handheld Microphone.

I want to connect the preamp to inputs on a stereo receiver.

The output jack on the preamp is 1/4" and I believe it is "line level".

Can I use a 1/4 to RCA connector, then use a RCA "Y" cable so that I can send the inputs to the left and right "tape" input on my stereo receiver?

Mr Peabody
01-04-2014, 07:42 AM
That would work. You might even be able to find an adaptor with two RCA's already on one end. Another way would be if your receiver had preamp out/in, then you could go to the input and access the amp directly using your mic preamp volume control. Using the tape loop is fine though.

randco
01-04-2014, 01:20 PM
Mark,

Thank you for your reply. Unfortunately, my stereo doesn't have a "microphone" jack. The other option that I have considered is purchasing a wireless microphone that has the FM receiver. The receivers have an output, but I would need to find one that has a "mic" output to send to the preamp. If I were able to find a wireless microphone that had a "line level" I think I could cable it directly to the stereo. What do you think?

blackraven
01-04-2014, 02:02 PM
Check here

Handheld Wireless Systems in the Pro Audio Department at Parts Express | 773 (http://www.parts-express.com/cat/handheld-wireless-systems/773)

Mr Peabody
01-04-2014, 02:14 PM
I'm not that familiar with the wireless mics but your original plan would be fine using a 1/4" to RCA adaptor and going into the tape loop.

randco
01-04-2014, 03:53 PM
Thanks Mark, I will stick to the original plan.