Troy is the next Phil Spector [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Troy is the next Phil Spector

skewiff
04-23-2004, 04:18 AM
Well I was impressed, with the next Phil Spector. Nice choice there Troy, a crazy gun totin, girfriend murdering lunatic.

Cool to see you on TV.

Tony

Jim Clark
04-23-2004, 04:25 AM
What??? He was already on? I sure hope someone else taped it for him 'cuz it wasn't on here. It's currently 7:23 or 8:23 Eastern and so far it's just been Iraq stuff. Maybe we're on a delay or something? I'll keep the tape rolling while I head off to work.

jc

DarrenH
04-23-2004, 04:53 AM
Yup, cool to see ya Troy.

Too bad your bit was kinda short. Just 15 seconds was all there was.

Darren

jack70
04-23-2004, 05:17 AM
Too bad your bit was kinda short. Just 15 seconds was all there was.

Cool Troy.

Hey, did Steve Jobs cut you a fat check yet? LOL.

I had a friend who was recently interviewed by Morley Safer at home for 60 Minutes. It never made the final edit though (60 minutes pieces are only about 12 minutes... most of the dozens of hours ends up on the floor), but the crew was in her home for a few hours. She wrote a long online piece explaining the whole interview process, communications with the producers, how the crew set-up & shot the piece, complete with photos with Morley etc. Very interesting behind-the-scenes stuff. So, your 15 seconds.. is better than <b>nothing</b>... LOL. Seriously, it was cool.

How long did they shoot with you? Other impressions from NBC? Did they specifically NOT want to play your music [in detail] because of "rights" issues... did they ask/talk about that at all?

I still recommnend you check out Reason (software) sometime. It's a trip.

Dave_G
04-23-2004, 05:22 AM
Troy,

great interview!

I wish they had aired more of you instead of that nail polished dweeb.

I did not get to tape it.

After seeing your "work" area, I now have a better feel as to what yer all about, especially that little sheep right there on your keyboard.

Cool beans, dood.

Dave

ForeverAutumn
04-23-2004, 05:55 AM
Very cool to see you, Troy! I was sorry to see that your part was so short. But still a very cool thing to happen to you. If you want the tape, let me know and send me your address. I even used a new tape so that you don't have to wade through old Survivor episodes to get to your piece. :p I'd be happy to mail the tape to you.

Troy
04-23-2004, 07:39 AM
Well, THAT was strange. That was plenty long. Less chance for making a fool of myself

Tony- Yeah, the Phil Spector thing means something totally different these days, doesn't it? I keep a loaded .45 under my keyboard . . . cuz you just never know.

Jack70- No check from Jobs, but his easy to use, virus free computers have made me tens of thousands of dollars every year. Not to mention the shear pleasure I get from GarageBand. It was my pleasure. They were in my house for 4 hours for that 7 seconds! Took almost 90 minutes to set all the cameras and lights up. Ridiculous.

Dave- Gary Numan says "Don't mess with my 3 headed Sheep!"

http://www.lostamerica.com/samplestuff/sheep.jpg

BarryL
04-23-2004, 01:13 PM
Well I was impressed, with the next Phil Spector. Nice choice there Troy, a crazy gun totin, girfriend murdering lunatic.

Cool to see you on TV.

Tony

Sorry I missed it, but I wouldn't have stayed home to watch anyway. I actually don't know how to set up my VCR to record! Good thing FA recorded it, so I can verify that it was you.

At least you'll still be safe in Max's. Not really a geek or pompous ass hangout. Perfect cover for you.

Now get them interested in your book, and get the full four minute spot!

Jim Clark
04-23-2004, 01:14 PM
I've got it, haven't seen it yet but here in KC we are on some kind of delay. Probably makes sense for me to send it rather than FA given the distance and costs involved. Going to go dig through the footage and check it out tonight.

Sounds like you did just fine buddy.

jc

Finch Platte
04-23-2004, 07:06 PM

Cool to see you on TV.

Tony

Did you say anything about me and how I've been there for you?

fp

uncooked
04-23-2004, 07:48 PM
whats going on here? can someone explain what this is about. someone got to be on tv?

Jim Clark
04-24-2004, 04:40 AM
whats going on here? can someone explain what this is about. someone got to be on tv?

look 4 'I'm going to be on the Today show".

jc