Krell Resolution 3 First look [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Krell Resolution 3 First look

ProfessorJohnKercheval
12-26-2013, 05:38 AM
KRELL RESOLUTION 3: Ok fired these things up for the first time today. The first Krell loudspeakers I've ever heard and I am NOT disappointed. Mine are Krell Kustom 3s. Made to order for an ultra-high net worth individual, in black metal versus the standard cherry.

These Kustom Reso 3s are named "The Dark Angel" following in the lead of Stradivarius to individually name each his violins. (pics to follow).

BUT! the dealer put those grills on upside down before shipping AND, thus, I need a pair of those rubbery grills. Krell is unresponsive. Any idea of where to go?

Associated hardware: Nakamichi CA-5 Pre-amp. Nakamichi PA-5 amp. Magnum Dynalab Tuner FT-101A. Krell Evo 505 SACD player. Nordost throughout except custom made speaker cables.

Signal Processing: BBE 382i. DBX 5BX dynamic range expander.

Analogue (1): Pink Triangle Anniversary TT with Ortofon MMC 5 Cartridge.

Analogue (2): Sony PS-X800 Linear Biotracer TT, with Ortofon Rohmann Cartridge.

TheHills44060
12-26-2013, 08:17 PM
Hmmm why was the dealer putting on the grills for you? Aren't those packed separately in the shipping boxes?? Sounds odd to me but if that's the case why in the world would you skip the dealer you custom ordered them through and go straight to Krell? The dealer should step up and provide replacement grills. You should not have to do any searching on your own.

ProfessorJohnKercheval
12-27-2013, 04:20 AM
Because, obviously and as I am sure you know, these loudspeakers have not been produced for almost a decade.

And because, obviously and as I'm sure you read in my initial post, they were produced on custom order for another individual. Ergo they are used.

The dealer probably should have installed the grills correctly on these used loudspeakers before shipping. But that is iurrelevant to my request for information on the grills.

BTW I have just discovered that the p[ins are removable and probably can be had at Home Depot. Replacing the pins only should rectify the problem.

ProfessorJohnKercheval
12-27-2013, 04:22 AM
One more thing. Krell is unresponsive to overtures for parts & service of any kind. They cannot be contacted except through voicemail & email. No replies ever come back.

JohnMichael
12-27-2013, 04:57 AM
My experience with Krell regarding my Krell S-300i has been exemplary service and quick responses.

TheHills44060
12-27-2013, 10:42 AM
Because, obviously and as I am sure you know, these loudspeakers have not been produced for almost a decade.

And because, obviously and as I'm sure you read in my initial post, they were produced on custom order for another individual. Ergo they are used.

The dealer probably should have installed the grills correctly on these used loudspeakers before shipping. But that is iurrelevant to my request for information on the grills.

BTW I have just discovered that the p[ins are removable and probably can be had at Home Depot. Replacing the pins only should rectify the problem.
I figured that you were referring to yourself as the ultra-high net individual because what other type of person would create an entire post in BOLD letters? You never said they were used and received them that way from the original owner. Either way glad you were able to determine that you may be able to find replacement pins at the hardware store. Never dealt with Krell myself but it's a shame they couldn't have at least given you some automated type of response letting you know they received your questions.