"Best Man's Holiday" [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : "Best Man's Holiday"

Worf101
12-08-2013, 05:41 PM
I got dragged... DRAGGED AH SAY, kicking and screaming to the local multi-plex last night to see "Best Man's Holiday". I don't usually watch such drivel. I didn't watch "Blaxploitation" in the '60's and view Tyler Perry like a bad case of scabies but I know a LOT of people, of all races, colors and creeds, like that brand of broad humor etc. I hadn't seen the original film and of course knew NONE of the backstory. But I figured what the hey, I can always use a laugh. Well I did get some laughs, Terrence Howard is the epitome of the lewd, pot smoking, foul mouthed friend that, if we've lived broadly enough, we're lucky to have in our lives. However these laughs were few and far between interspersed between tales of betrayal, lost love, tragedy, illness and death all played against a HOLIDAY backdrop!!!!! You find yourself laughing one minute, weeping the next, whipsawed worse than the "Tilt-a-Whirl" at Coney Island. Still in all it wasn't the worst 2 hours of my life ever spent at the movies. Hell I laughed a bit, cried some and left feeling entertained. Guess you can't ask for too much more.

Worf

recoveryone
12-09-2013, 11:36 AM
Glad I was not the only one that got dragged to it, and I'm sure my wife will demand to go see Madea Xmas too. I have to say that if you would have seen the first film you would have enjoyed this more and laughed/cried a little harder knowing the backstory, but I did not cry! MAN UP WORF or should I say MAN DOWN! LOL

Sir Terrence the Terrible
12-11-2013, 04:45 PM
Ah forget all of this emotional drivel, give me Madea's Xmas, and give it to me now!

I need a really great laugh.......

Worf101
12-12-2013, 05:45 AM
Ahem... (Ahem ah say)! It takes a STRONG man to shed a tear... at least if'n he's sober!!! As I age I find myself getting dust in my eyes a lot, which of course leads to tearing... that's my story and ah'm stickin' to it! I'm keeping my man card (as long as I can).

Worf