Decision time... Last question I promise! :) [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Decision time... Last question I promise! :)

Youngee
04-22-2004, 08:36 PM
OK, I have now narrowed down my choices to two systems... I am running it with a pair of Lsi 9 bookshelves from polk and I listen to all types of music...
The first package is the HK 3480 and the HK FL8385 for $660 total
The second package is a NAD C320BEE with a Yamaha 5 disc player (not sure of the exact model number... retails for about $200), and i can get that package for about $750)

All the above prices are in cdn funds, I just was wondering what you guys think the better package is... and I promise this is the last time I'll flame this board with queries. I will be making my decision on one of these packages very soon! :)

Thanks in advance...
Peace

N. Abstentia
04-23-2004, 05:15 AM
NAD/Yamaha, no question.

JSE
04-23-2004, 06:09 AM
OK, I have now narrowed down my choices to two systems... I am running it with a pair of Lsi 9 bookshelves from polk and I listen to all types of music...
The first package is the HK 3480 and the HK FL8385 for $660 total
The second package is a NAD C320BEE with a Yamaha 5 disc player (not sure of the exact model number... retails for about $200), and i can get that package for about $750)

All the above prices are in cdn funds, I just was wondering what you guys think the better package is... and I promise this is the last time I'll flame this board with queries. I will be making my decision on one of these packages very soon! :)

Thanks in advance...
Peace

I think you would be happy with either system. HK, Yamaha and NAD are all great products. You can't go wrong. It might come down to features. For me, I like having a 5 disc changer, but that's me. Look at the features and see if there is something one lacks that you might want to have. Or, if all other things are equal, go for looks!

JSE

NickWH
04-23-2004, 06:48 AM
I think you are compromising your sound a little with the Yamaha changer. It's more reliable than the H/K offering, however, so I still maintain you should go with the NAD/Yammie route. The NAD will drive the 4 ohm LSI 9's with more authority than the H/K, no question.

bturk667
04-23-2004, 07:25 AM
I'd have to say that I would go with the NAD/Yamaha system. You should really let your ears decide though.

Youngee
04-23-2004, 08:00 AM
Cool, thanks for all the suggestions.... I think I am for sure going to go with the NAD amp. Perhaps I should hold off and save until I can afford the NAD 512BEE CD player.... I do like having a 5 disc though... hmmm...

Anyway.. thanks again...

Peace

Jack
04-23-2004, 09:12 AM
Youngee....I had the NAD 320BEE integrated and 521BEE cdp combo (the separates match cosmetically) with a pair of Energy A5+2's for about a month and really enjoyed it. I upgraded to a Sunfire pre amp/amp (due to a great deal and to temporarily fight upgraditis) and kept the C521BEE. In fact, I'm kinda looking for another NAD C320BEE / C521BEE combo for my bedroom system to replace a receiver / remoteless cdp. Of course, it is only a single disc player, so if that's OK for you, I recommend you take a listen and decide for yourself. Good luck....Jack

Youngee
04-25-2004, 01:41 PM
Heres a dumb question.. how do you hook up a subwoofer with the 320BEE? I noticed that it does not have a sub out...

NickWH
04-25-2004, 02:23 PM
Use the pre-amp outputs. A sub out on your typical receiver is just a mono pre-amp out. You could also run the sub speaker-level out, but I'm not going to start a debate as to which one sounds better.