Just when you think Hollywood can't sink ANY lower.... [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Just when you think Hollywood can't sink ANY lower....

Worf101
11-20-2013, 09:21 AM
Well our friends in Tinsel Town have decided that one version of "It's a Wonderful Life" isn't enough... This is NOT another tired made for T.V. remake... noooooo... that's been done and there's not enough money in it! Nope we're talking sequel ladies and gentlemen....

Think "Titantic Two" except the ship doesn't go down:

'It's a Wonderful Life' sequel underway (http://www.usatoday.com/story/life/movies/2013/11/18/wonderful-life-sequel/3630929/)

Where they find the stones to do this I'll never know! What's next "Casablanca 2 Electric Boogaloo"

Worf

Feanor
11-20-2013, 10:32 AM
"... an angel who shows Bailey's unlikable grandson (also named George Bailey) how much better off the world would have been had he never been born."

I could see George Bailey the Younger is a Wall Street Credit Default Swap broker -- although there can be no redemption for that type.

ForeverAutumn
11-20-2013, 10:36 AM
Well, it couldn't be any lamer than the original IMO. I hate that movie. :devil:

thekid
11-20-2013, 12:00 PM
Where they find the stones to do this I'll never know! What's next "Casablanca 2 Electric Boogaloo"

Worf

Set Scene for Casablanca 2 - Electric Boogaloo

Two men with their backs to the camera (parachute pants flapping in a light breeze) walk down a desserted street covered in fog coming from the open door of a distant disco. An electronic beat plays hypnonically in the distance.

Ozone: "Turbo this could be the start of a beautiful friendship"

Turbo: "Believe in the beat that's on the street, it's hoppin' and poppin', they're breakin' and lockin'."

Fade out...........

recoveryone
11-20-2013, 12:58 PM
My wife about fell off the couch with joy and glee when she saw the announcement. Its a annual Thankgiving weekend viewing for her each year. I brought the DVD for her about 5-6 years ago, I have never sat and watch the whole movie yet, just not a big Jimmy Stewart fan.

dean_martin
11-20-2013, 01:16 PM

Two men with their backs to the camera (parachute pants flapping in a light breeze) walk down a desserted street covered in fog coming from the open door of a distant disco. An electronic beat plays hypnonically in the distance.

Turbo: "Believe in the beat that's on the street, it's hoppin' and poppin', they're breakin' and lockin'."

Fade out...........

Ha!! I think you're ready to write and direct this 80s revival flick.

Worf101
11-21-2013, 07:16 AM

Fade out...........

Have I told you lately... how much I absolutely loathe you! Stealin' my (Mine I tell you MINE MINE!) idea and scheming to make cold hard cash off of MY creativity... Isn't it bad enough you get ALL the good thrift market swag on three continents now you want to rip off Hollywood (and me!) as well? Shame up you!

Worf

JoeE SP9
11-21-2013, 02:28 PM
They were talking about this on Good Morning America this morning. They didn't think to much of the idea and it would seem most of the public doesn't either.

thekid
11-22-2013, 06:17 PM
Have I told you lately... how much I absolutely loathe you! Stealin' my (Mine I tell you MINE MINE!) idea and scheming to make cold hard cash off of MY creativity... Isn't it bad enough you get ALL the good thrift market swag on three continents now you want to rip off Hollywood (and me!) as well? Shame up you!

Worf

Worf my friend I like to think of myself as an "opportunist" ........ :D

Worf101
11-24-2013, 02:39 PM
Worf my friend I like to think of myself as an "opportunist" ........ :D

Well Mr. "Opportunist" say hello to my Lawyers Mister "Dewey, Cheetum and Howe"!

Worf