Joe Bob Briggs, or, how to watch bad movies [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Joe Bob Briggs, or, how to watch bad movies

dean_martin
11-19-2013, 10:50 AM
Remember the days of TV horror movie hosts? Joe Bob Briggs did not limit himself to horror movies, but dedicated himself to preserving the vast sea of "b" movies made for the drive-in circuit. Last night I watched his introduction for the film She Devils on Wheels, a Herschell Gordon Lewis pic. Briggs related that Lewis decided it was easier to teach a bunch of biker chicks to act than it was to teach a bunch of actresses to ride motorcycles. As a result, we get to see a real-life gang of hardcore, south Florida biker gals go on a sex and violence rampage! Anyhow, Briggs' intro is more entertaining than most of the flick.

Briggs (real name John Bloom) was a respected newsman and graduate of Vanderbilt. He has a knack for getting you in the right frame of mind for a "b" movie. He did movie-hosting stints on TNT and The Movie Channel. For an example, I did a little youtube search and found a nice, short movie intro. Although I wouldn't consider The Doors a "b" pic, Briggs goes all-out in his description.

<IFRAME height=315 src="//www.youtube.com/embed/TWN83PfFc98" frameBorder=0 width=420 allowfullscreen></IFRAME>

Worf101
11-20-2013, 09:28 AM
Pretty funny.... never saw this cat before....

Worf