Panasonic DVD-F87 5-disc DVD/DVD-Audio changer [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Panasonic DVD-F87 5-disc DVD/DVD-Audio changer

PPG
04-22-2004, 05:09 PM
Anyone here got this unit yet? It's a 5-disc changer that plays DVD's, CD/CD-R, DVD-R's, MP3 & WMA discs, and DVD-Audio. It even decodes HDCD's. All for only $129.00. (No reviews here at AR yet).

http://www.jandr.com/JRProductPage.process?RestartFlow=t&Section_Id=14089&Product_Id=3964426

uncooked
04-23-2004, 04:15 PM
wow looks great, i owned the last year model of this and took it back after 1 week becuase of the HORRIBLE layer changes. maybe they fixed it this year? that would be great i could match up my components in my room with this :)

it says (twin laser pickup) so maybe thats there way of fighting back againts there bad layer changes in there previous year that didnt have that. i ll have to try this out.

going by last years model the player was AWSOME except for the layer changes which i couldnt stand.

JSE
04-23-2004, 05:52 PM
Anyone here got this unit yet? It's a 5-disc changer that plays DVD's, CD/CD-R, DVD-R's, MP3 & WMA discs, and DVD-Audio. It even decodes HDCD's. All for only $129.00. (No reviews here at AR yet).

http://www.jandr.com/JRProductPage.process?RestartFlow=t&Section_Id=14089&Product_Id=3964426

I have the F85 which I assume is last years model compared to this one and I am very happy with it. No layer change problems at all. Picture is great and DVD-A is awesome.
No regrets at all. I love the fact that it has random play.

JSE

uncooked
04-23-2004, 07:39 PM
wow no layer change problems?

mine had like a 3-5 second layer change and it would make my yamaha amp go crazy, it would run through every program until it got back around to dolby or dts whatever one i was watching. that takes around 20 seconds when you have a yamaha with over 50 dsp programs and dts es and doldy d ex and all thoughs. i couldnt stand it.

one thing i didnt know it played dvd-a, that might have made it more worth while to keep it around as a music only type of player. it doesnt have 6 channel out does it? it was about a year ago and i cant remember it all that clearly

JSE
04-25-2004, 08:46 PM
wow no layer change problems?

mine had like a 3-5 second layer change and it would make my yamaha amp go crazy, it would run through every program until it got back around to dolby or dts whatever one i was watching. that takes around 20 seconds when you have a yamaha with over 50 dsp programs and dts es and doldy d ex and all thoughs. i couldnt stand it.

one thing i didnt know it played dvd-a, that might have made it more worth while to keep it around as a music only type of player. it doesnt have 6 channel out does it? it was about a year ago and i cant remember it all that clearly

I think you got a lemon. Mine works great and I run it through a Yamaha RX-V1400. And yes, it plays DVD-A and has the 6 channel outs. Damn cables cosy almost as much as the player. I think mine has the tiwn laser pickups. I bought it around November I think so maybe a got an corrected model?

JSE

uncooked
04-26-2004, 07:12 AM
dam im going to have to go look into them. im almost positive mine wasnt twin laser, becuase i remember seeing a few months after i swapped it and thinking thats what it needed. so they must of had complaints and fixed it.