AQ cables on discount at MD [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : AQ cables on discount at MD

JohnMichael
11-18-2013, 07:34 AM
AQ is updating their cable lines again. I was able to purchase a one meter pair of Diamnondback XLR's for $99 from Music Direct. I look forward to hearing the Sony SACD player into the Krell in balanced mode.

Once again with stranded cables I reached a point of the Transparent cables becoming unlistenable. I am back to the Anticable speaker cables, Diamondback IC's and soon the Diamondback XLR's.

Feanor
11-18-2013, 08:17 AM
AQ is updating their cable lines again. I was able to purchase a one meter pair of Diamnondback XLR's for $99 from Music Direct. I look forward to hearing the Sony SACD player into the Krell in balanced mode.

Once again with stranded cables I reached a point of the Transparent cables becoming unlistenable. I am back to the Anticable speaker cables, Diamondback IC's and soon the Diamondback XLR's.
Thanks for the heads-up. I might go for a pair (if MusicDirect will ship to Canada at a reasonable shipping charge).

blackraven
11-18-2013, 09:45 AM
Thanks for the heads-up. I might go for a pair (if MusicDirect will ship to Canada at a reasonable shipping charge).

I would be interested to hear your impressions of them. A friend of mine just gave me a pair of BJC's XLR's that he does not need any more, but I will eventually upgrade sometime after the holidays.

Feanor
11-24-2013, 08:14 AM
Turns out that MusicDirect explicitly will not sell those AQ Diamondbacks outside the USA.

Instead I bought a pair of these Take Five Audio Neotech NEI-3004 XLR's: see HERE (http://www.takefiveaudio.com/mall/shopexd.asp?id=9). The are cryo-treated UPOCC copper.

I'm not necessarily expecting great things but I did want shorter cables and though they'd be worth a try vs. more from BJC.

http://www.takefiveaudio.com/mall/images/ht_sets/TFA3004B1_Z.jpg