Use Sony DVD/SACD player [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Use Sony DVD/SACD player

blackraven
11-17-2013, 02:37 PM
There is a used Sony DVP-S9000es SACD/DVD player for sale for dirt cheap. It retailed for $1500. Does any one know anything about the SACD play back? I can pick it up for $80.

Mr Peabody
11-17-2013, 05:01 PM
Seeing it's a DVD player I wouldn't expect a lot but if it works you can't get hurt for $80.00. Some owners say the Sony SACD/CD players are good and I believe JM recently picked one up.

thekid
11-18-2013, 02:28 AM
Not familiar with that specific model but I own several pieces from the Sony ES line. This was there higher end gear similar to say Pioneer's ELITE series. My experience with Sony SACD players has been very positive so I don't think you will be disappointed. Also unlike a lot of DVD/SACD players (my Oppo's for example) you do not need to hook this one up to several surround sound RCA jacks to get the SACD function to work. Be aware though that like my Denon SACD/DVD player you can not use the digital connections to utilize the SACD. As long as your receiver or pre-amp has an open set of analog jacks you should be good to go.

Good luck!

blackraven
11-18-2013, 02:10 PM
Thanks Kid! I found some reviews on the unit and they are all good as far as SACD playback is concerned. Standard CD though is less than stellar. I will be using it just for SACD. I think that I will give it a go if it is in good shape. I am sure it is better than my Yamaha S1800.