So I went to see Manchester Orchestra last night. [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : So I went to see Manchester Orchestra last night.

Swish
11-17-2013, 08:53 AM
Was joined by my wife, good friends E and Linda, my daughter and son-in-law. I don't own any of their music but my wife has a bunch on her iPod and I liked what I heard. E and Linda never heard anything by them, but they were game for $16 on a Saturday night at the nearby Chameleon Club in Lancaster, PA.

Not being familiar with all their stuff and not knowing the song titles (except 'I've Got Friends' that's been a sort of hit for them), I can give you a set-list, but let me say this..THEY FREAKIN' RAWKED!

Yet, it was a ton of fun and the fans at the packed venue loved them. If you get a chance to see them, I would highly recommend it. Here's a video I recorded last night from my balcony position.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0wQeFxi7kVA&feature=youtu.be

Finch Platte
11-17-2013, 01:19 PM
Uh, oh. Me 'n' Swisharoo like the same band. Hell has officially froze up.

Manchester Orchestra is the Porcupine Tree of indie rock.

Finch Platte
11-23-2013, 12:11 PM
Jesus. Swish took the time to post about the show & even puts a video in it. 125 people look at it, and I'm the only one who comments?

That's ****ing sad.

Swish
11-24-2013, 05:09 AM
Jesus. Swish took the time to post about the show & even puts a video in it. 125 people look at it, and I'm the only one who comments?

That's ****ing sad.

Well, I don't visit here much these days for that very reason. Not like I need a pat on the back or anything, but I mean that there seems to be a general lack of interest on many of the threads posted here.

noddin0ff
11-24-2013, 01:48 PM
Manchester who?

Finch Platte
11-24-2013, 04:35 PM
Manchester who?

What Orchestra?

noddin0ff
11-27-2013, 05:06 AM
Tomorrow?