couple questions [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : couple questions

marcink99
11-03-2013, 06:23 PM
1)I have viking pa-30 amp for 7-8 horn speakers. That amp has a aux port that I often connect my phone too.
Does anybody have a clue how could I wirelessly stream music to the amp without using aux cable. I would like a possibility of walking around warehouse and change songs as I please through my cell phone. I would need some sort of wifi aux cable as Bluetooth has too small of a range any ideas?

2)Our old horn speakers are not the best quality wise... would adding one or two subwoofers improve quality of the sound?.

3)I have small part in the warehouse that I would like to turn into party room. Its about the size of 3/4 of basketball court. How would I go about designing a good sound system? How many speakers would I need etc.... are there any good tutorials? Also what is the cheapest staff I could get, any secret brands that have a cheap cost but high performance?

Thank you in advance!

Mr Peabody
11-18-2013, 07:12 AM
1)I have viking pa-30 amp for 7-8 horn speakers. That amp has a aux port that I often connect my phone too.
Does anybody have a clue how could I wirelessly stream music to the amp without using aux cable. I would like a possibility of walking around warehouse and change songs as I please through my cell phone. I would need some sort of wifi aux cable as Bluetooth has too small of a range any ideas?

This is not my area of expertise but something like Apple Airport Exress or similar.

2)Our old horn speakers are not the best quality wise... would adding one or two subwoofers improve quality of the sound?.

Adding a sub would help to fill in the low bass frequencies.

3)I have small part in the warehouse that I would like to turn into party room. Its about the size of 3/4 of basketball court. How would I go about designing a good sound system? How many speakers would I need etc.... are there any good tutorials? Also what is the cheapest staff I could get, any secret brands that have a cheap cost but high performance?

I would pick on end to set up the sound firing at the rest of the room. You could get away with one set of high efficient speakers and maybe a sub. Visit the DJ section of your local music store. Usually the pro amps are cheaper than home gear, will do the job but maybe not as much finese. Look at the carpeted 2-way horn speakers, Yamaha would be good without going too cheap but still probably cheaper than JBL or Electro-Voice. Peavey make amps and speakers that are usualy a good value as well. You may find yourself having to use some material on the walls or other surfaces to stop reflections/reverb. If going to use a sub you might want to consider the type of speakers that use a pole stand, these can be as large as 12" 2-way.

Thank you in advance!

Hope this gives you some help