New Flower Kings [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : New Flower Kings

BarryL
10-31-2013, 09:22 AM
Loving this new Flower Kings CD.

Sounds like they're back to their old form - or an extension of Banks of Eden. Superb chops throughout.

The instrumental songs on Disk 2 are particularly well done. An all instrumental FK album like the early Roine Stolt solo albums would be welcome.

Rides high as the Prog album of the year for me.

Hi everyone.

3LB
10-31-2013, 09:38 AM
My fave albums are Adam & Eve and Paradox Hotel. Didn't care at all for the last two FK releases.

BarryL
10-31-2013, 12:00 PM
I wasn't pleased with Banks of Eden but I pulled it out in anticipation of the new album and found that I liked it a lot more than I remember having liked it when it came out. Funny, I wasn't a big fan of Paradox Hotel, although there was some really good material on it. But when you get two disks worth of material, I'm happy if there's 45 minutes of really strong material.

Been loving Big Big Train over the past few years. English Electric also ranks as a top prospect for 2013.

Finch Platte
10-31-2013, 01:22 PM
Thanks for the review, BarryL. ( Better than BarryM, I'm thinking. ;-) Altho, BarryL is more appropriate for Halloween, wot? (aka Burial, for my slow-witted Canadian friends.) :D

I've heard good things about the new one, but like 3LB, I wasn't all that thrilled with the last releases, either. But I looked around for it in my local record shoppe and they didn't have it, so I'll just have to wait, I guess. Unless you'd lak to do sum tradin'...

3LB
11-02-2013, 12:43 PM
Been loving Big Big Train over the past few years. English Electric also ranks as a top prospect for 2013. prolly worth a thread of their own. I like them too.