Which surrounds & center for Boston Acoustic VR 20 mains [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Which surrounds & center for Boston Acoustic VR 20 mains

brichr
10-26-2013, 11:19 AM
Want to create a 5.1 system around my BA VR20's towers and BA PV400 sub. I have an open concept living room shared with kitchen and dining area. Together this "room" is 27' wide and 25' front to back. And to add some more challenge has a vaulted ceiling with center height of 13'. The viewing/listening area is to the right of the center. My TV and mains are against the front wall. I know I have to place the surrounds on the back wall since hanging from the ceiling would be unsightly. I've read a lot about matching timbre to the mains as being important and wonder if matching todays BA offerings would serve me better than other products. These towers are going on 10yrs old but I still like them. Would anybody be familiar with these speakers? My other problem is that I'm 140 miles from anything but Best Buy for a "listening room" since the only real equipment store closed up last year here in sunny Yakima, WA.

blackraven
10-26-2013, 12:36 PM
Matching the rear speakers is not as important as matching the center channel to your front speakers. Give Boston Acoustics a call and see if they can recommend some matching center channels or look for a used one.

Here is a BA VR10 center-

BOSTON ACOUSTICS VR10 CENTER CHANNEL SPEAKER LYNNFIELD VR SERIES RARE! (http://cleveland.craigslist.org/ele/4009828554.html)

Boston Acoustics VR: Home Speakers & Subwoofers | eBay (http://www.ebay.com/bhp/boston-acoustics-vr)

brichr
10-26-2013, 03:19 PM
Wow is all I can say! Thanks for the find. I'll be checking this out pronto.

brichr
11-15-2013, 04:13 PM
Couldn't catch that deal but realized that I only have just under 7in 'tween tv and top of old hutch top that it sits in. For the life of me I can't find specs on this guy that I can rely on. Anybody have one willing to let me know how tall they are? I know the vr910/920 will fit but haven't seen a reasonable price for one.