Jack in Wilmington
10-23-2013, 04:16 PM
Me either.

kexodusc
10-23-2013, 04:31 PM
Ha ha ha...I get jokes.

JohnMichael
10-23-2013, 05:58 PM
I learned about hipsters on "Two Broke Girls". Helped me get the joke.

Swish
10-23-2013, 07:00 PM
How many hipsters does it take to screw in a light bulb? It's an obscure number. You've probably never heard it before.

Finch Platte
10-24-2013, 01:45 AM
I learned about hipsters on "Two Broke Girls". Helped me get the joke.

God, what a POS show that is. I hate, hate HATE it.

Swish
10-24-2013, 03:17 AM

Have to agree with you on that one. I tried watching it when it first came on TV, but I was done after a couple of episodes.

Jack in Wilmington
10-24-2013, 04:32 AM
CBS's Monday night lineup has gone downhill ever since they moved Big Bang Theory to Thursday night. The used to have three top 20 shows, now they have none.

ForeverAutumn
10-24-2013, 06:00 AM

I LOVE that show! :p I also love New Girl.

Chick humour.

Hyfi
10-24-2013, 06:04 AM

Chick humour.

The show actually gives females a bad name and makes them look stupid. If I was female, I surely would not identify with shows that insult my intelligence.

Now lets talk about The Simpsons :)

Finch Platte
10-24-2013, 06:12 AM

Chick humour.

What I hate: bright red lipstick. Eww. And everything they say is so rehearsed and pat, it's like they don't even listen to each other.

And you know how the FCC told advertisers that the ads need to be the same volume as the shows? Well, they need to do the same with the laugh tracks. I swear, if people laughed so hard at inane comments like that in real life, I'd be a comic farking billionaire.

I have spoken!!

:)

Jack in Wilmington
10-24-2013, 06:28 AM

Chick humour.

I tried New Girl, cause I like her sister on Bones, but the one guy just got on my nerves so bad that I couldn't watch it.

I see Mike and Molly is coming back. Maybe that will help CBS's Monday night lineup.

JohnMichael
10-24-2013, 06:32 AM

Chick humour.

I would not miss it. I love Max and her outlook on life. Much of which I share. What a great cast of characters. One of my favorite bits was when a customer did not tip but forgot their camera. When they took it back to Oleg and asked him to give them a photo and he returned the camera and said he also took a video I laughed loudly.

ForeverAutumn
10-24-2013, 09:37 AM
The show actually gives females a bad name and makes them look stupid. If I was female, I surely would not identify with shows that insult my intelligence.

Now lets talk about The Simpsons :)

I didn't say that I identified with it, but I do think it's funny. As for giving females a bad name...it's TV dude...lighten up.

Hyfi
10-24-2013, 10:30 AM
I didn't say that I identified with it, but I do think it's funny. As for giving females a bad name...it's TV dude...lighten up.

I really don't watch too much TV. a few shows/series, very little sports, but love the Simpsons. Most sit-coms just insult my inelegance. I honestly don't know how everyone can watch the Big Bang. I can't take 30 seconds of it.

And just how many hours a day can people watch Criminal Minds? It seems to be on one station or another everytime I flip around. Don't we see enough death and gore on the local news?

Jack in Wilmington
10-24-2013, 11:21 AM
I really don't watch too much TV. a few shows/series, very little sports, but love the Simpsons. Most sit-coms just insult my inelegance. I honestly don't know how everyone can watch the Big Bang. I can't take 30 seconds of it.

And just how many hours a day can people watch Criminal Minds? It seems to be on one station or another everytime I flip around. Don't we see enough death and gore on the local news?

Now see, I love Big Bang. I watched it from the first night it was on and kept telling my friends how funny it is and then they picked it up in the second season and love it too. It's what I call intelligent humor and not everybody gets that. The Simpsons, Family Guy, American Dad they're not intelligent humor. I don't know anybody that watches both, because they're different. It's like the difference between watching "Revenge of the Nerds" and "Jackass"

ForeverAutumn
10-24-2013, 11:40 AM

If you're going to talk about things insulting your intelligence, you might want to start by spelling intelligence correctly. LOL!

I am also a huge fan of The Big Bang Theory. I tired of The Simpsons long ago.

Jack in Wilmington
10-24-2013, 12:07 PM
If you're going to talk about things insulting your intelligence, you might want to start by spelling intelligence correctly. LOL!

There's a smart girl.

Hyfi
10-24-2013, 03:25 PM

Whaaaaa... Can't you Mods do something about the lousy Spell Check on this site :)

I hardly ever watch the Simpsons unless I catch 5 minutes of a rerun. I am partial to them because I have been a long time fan of Tracy Ullman, where the Simpsons was a 5 minute short on her show.

I mainly watch PBS shows like Nova, Nature, Nightly Business Report.

Jack in Wilmington
10-24-2013, 05:35 PM
Whaaaaa... Can't you Mods do something about the lousy Spell Check on this site :)

I hardly ever watch the Simpsons unless I catch 5 minutes of a rerun. I am partial to them because I have been a long time fan of Tracy Ullman, where the Simpsons was a 5 minute short on her show.

I know old people that watch nothing but CNN. Watch yourself Hyfi or they might mistake you for an old guy and harvest your organs.

Hyfi
10-24-2013, 06:17 PM
I know old people that watch nothing but CNN. Watch yourself Hyfi or they might mistake you for an old guy and harvest your organs.

NO, not a news junkie. Weather and sports and off it goes. I am a donor but there are a few items that are not worth harvesting anymore :)

Jack in Wilmington
10-25-2013, 04:46 AM
NO, not a news junkie. Weather and sports and off it goes. I am a donor but there are a few items that are not worth harvesting anymore :)

I know that club.

Snowbunny
10-30-2013, 04:14 PM
Haha! Good one, FA. And thanks for spurring on this entire ridiculously funny thread.

Sorry to say though, Swishie trumped your joke with this one:

How many hipsters does it take to screw in a light bulb? It's an obscure number. You've probably never heard it before.

Made me truly LOL!

Best thread in ages! :yesnod:

Snowie

Snowbunny
10-30-2013, 04:22 PM
Speaking of BBT, here's where I feel like a tv hipster.

I liked BBT before it was popular. Always had a soft spot for the nerdy guys that walk a different path.

And its one of the few shows where the writing continues to be consistently fresh and genuinely funny. I started watching it for Johnny Galecki, who I fell in love with when he was Darlene's boyfriend on Roseanne.

Snow

Snowbunny
10-30-2013, 04:26 PM

And here I thought you were being poetic "insulting your inelegance". I prefer it to the edit, mr. fi. :wink5:

Swish
12-02-2013, 05:33 AM
Why do hipsters only use the microwave? They don't like conventional ovens.

Swish
12-02-2013, 05:34 AM
How did the hipster burn his tongue? He tried to drink his low fat non whip latte before it was cool.

ForeverAutumn
12-02-2013, 07:36 AM
HA! Thanks for those. I'll be sharing them with my neice via FB. She loves Hipster jokes. :)

JohnMichael
12-02-2013, 08:50 AM

Gee I just thought you were being inelegant.