An old fashion western [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : An old fashion western

Smokey
10-21-2013, 07:32 PM
Thought I seen all the good western movies ever made since I am a big fan. But apparently not. Ran across this 1956 western called The Proud Ones with Robert Ryan and Jeffery Hunter and this movie is awesome.

Movie have almost the same theme as High Noon where a lone sheriff (Ryan) goes up against a bunch of gun slingers hired by the owner of gambling joint that just moved ionto town.

The action is not fierce, but the story line is where the sheriff seek the help one of gunslinger (Hunter) to clean the town. Walter Brennan also stars as sheriff deputy.

The best part of this film comes at last 30 seonds of film. I will not spoil it, but that is one of the best ending I ever seen in a film where one trying to hold back their tears of joy.

Highly recommended :)

http://www.dvdbeaver.com/film/dvdreviews21/a%20proud%20ones%20robert%20ryan%20mayo/a%20the%20proud%20ones%20robert%20ryan%20virginia% 20mayo%20PROUDONES_WS-7.jpg

Worf101
10-23-2013, 06:18 AM
Thanks Smoke... I love a good "shoot em up" as my Dad used to call em. Hey, believe it or not I just bought my first "REAL" Cowboy hat. It's a classic "Montana Peak" with a 4-inch brim. Problem is the ole lady don't like it. Said I look like an "idiot" or Pancho Villa's lost younger brother. Ouch!

Worf

dean_martin
10-23-2013, 11:49 AM
Thanks Smoke... I love a good "shoot em up" as my Dad used to call em. Hey, believe it or not I just bought my first "REAL" Cowboy hat. It's a classic "Montana Peak" with a 4-inch brim. Problem is the ole lady don't like it. Said I look like an "idiot" or Pancho Villa's lost younger brother. Ouch!

Worf
Pics, pics, pics. Where are the pics? I bought a pair of Dan Post cowboy boots earlier this year for an anniversary trip out to west Texas. They've become my favorite footwear. I've tried on cowboy hats but none look right on me.

Smokey
10-23-2013, 07:01 PM
Hey, believe it or not I just bought my first "REAL" Cowboy hat. It's a classic "Montana Peak" with a 4-inch brim. Problem is the ole lady don't like it. Said I look like an "idiot" or Pancho Villa's lost younger brother. Ouch!

If I see Klingon with a cowboy hat, I would say the same thing :D

Like dean martin, I don't look good in a cowboy hat either.

Worf101
10-24-2013, 08:03 AM
Your Avatar says different! I'll see if I can git my beloved son (Butt Munch) to take some pics

Worf

kexodusc
10-24-2013, 11:43 AM
Subscribed (to see Worf's bad ass cowboy hat)

dean_martin
10-24-2013, 04:10 PM
Your Avatar says different! I'll see if I can git my beloved son (Butt Munch) to take some pics

Worf

Take a selfie in a mirror. Nobody will know but us.

Imran520
11-22-2013, 11:31 PM
An old fashion western is an old movie. It is very good movie to watch.