Obamacare Uninsured Income Tax Penalty Question ??? [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Obamacare Uninsured Income Tax Penalty Question ???

menschenstimme
10-21-2013, 05:07 PM
Is there a Forum member who is very much informed regarding the "Obamacare" insurance mandate and the income tax penalties for being uninsured? My question is actually very specific, to wit:

Will receiving Medicare shortly before the end of 2018 nullify the Obamacare penalty for all of income-tax year 2018 for an individual who is otherwise uninsured during the year of 2018?

I realize that this is a difficult question and said information may not be available, even for the most informed tax expert.

While I will appreciate all responses; please, let us stick to the specific question and not speculate as to how or why I might need this information at this time.

Many thanks!

JohnMichael
10-21-2013, 05:33 PM
Is there a Forum member who is very much informed regarding the "Obamacare" insurance mandate and the income tax penalties for being uninsured? My question is actually very specific, to wit:

Will receiving Medicare shortly before the end of 2018 nullify the Obamacare penalty for all of income-tax year 2018 for an individual who is otherwise uninsured during the year of 2018?

I realize that this is a difficult question and said information may not be available, even for the most informed tax expert.

While I will appreciate all responses; please, let us stick to the specific question and not speculate as to how or why I might need this information at this time.

Many thanks!

Sorry but this is an audio forum and I am afraid the subject will begin a flame war. I know this is not your intent but this is a hotbed issue for many and we will not stick to the specific question.