New Bryston Middle T v/s Totem Accoustic - whaih ones sound better? [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : New Bryston Middle T v/s Totem Accoustic - whaih ones sound better?

ken88
10-16-2013, 03:22 AM
Bryston just came out with new speakers, like the Middle T. Has anyone listened and compared them to the Totem line, like the Sttaf, Hawks & Forrests? Which ones sound better and able to reproduce more details and accurate sound? Thanks all.

ken88
10-18-2013, 05:31 PM
Any opinions on these two brands and lines of speakers? Both are well-knowned and reputable Canadian manufacturers that are very endearing to many audiophiles.

Jack in Wilmington
10-18-2013, 05:39 PM
Went by my dealer today as they carry both Bryston and Totem, but they only have the Totem Wind and the Rainmaker on the floor. They do have the Middle T coming in.

TheHills44060
10-19-2013, 05:46 AM
Never heard Bryston speakers but that tweeter is either going to make or break the middle T

ken88
10-19-2013, 02:40 PM
Never heard Bryston speakers but that tweeter is either going to make or break the middle T

Why do you attach so much importance to the tweeter? Is't because Bryston cannot manufacture good tweeter for the Middle T? It's Bryston's first venture into speakers. Do you think the high price justify the untested and unproven products? Thanks for all the input.

harley .guy07
10-19-2013, 03:04 PM
In my opinion the reason the tweeter would be of importance is because form my own experience most speakers under the $10,000 mark the use a metal dome tweeter seem to have a bad side to them when it comes to brightness and ability to stay tame when the music has a lot of high frequency energy. There are exceptions to this of course and the speakers with metal domes in the more affordable price category that aren't in the bright bunch are good but it is yet to be seen if the Bryston speakers are an exception due to the fact sometimes companies that make excellent electronics fail when they venture into speakers and vice versa.