Good to be back... [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Good to be back...

tugmcmartin1973
10-14-2013, 01:37 PM
Howdy folks,

Long time no see/speak.

Just getting back into the forum after a several year hiatus. Had to re-register since i couldn't remember what email i used to start with way back when.

Looking forward to reforging some comraderie and sharing in my love for good audio!

Tug Martin

thekid
10-15-2013, 02:57 AM
Welcome back!!
I just returned myself after a lengthy hiatus.
See you on the boards!

Hyfi
10-15-2013, 03:00 AM
Hey Tug!

I was just thinking about the good old comp trading days.

tugmcmartin1973
10-15-2013, 06:01 AM
Yes, HyFi... was thinking about that as well a few days ago. Was down in the basement going through my CDs looking for some stuff for my son and came across a boatload of old comps. Some of yours, Snowbunny, etc. Biggest stack was from the Blues Deluxe series that was going around. Great stuff!

Hyfi
10-15-2013, 07:12 AM
Yes, HyFi... was thinking about that as well a few days ago. Was down in the basement going through my CDs looking for some stuff for my son and came across a boatload of old comps. Some of yours, Snowbunny, etc. Biggest stack was from the Blues Deluxe series that was going around. Great stuff!

Yeah, Chips's BD sets are awesome. I think I have 27 volumes and many still get play time.

What are you listening to these days. I'm still stuck on Prog and Fusion.

tugmcmartin1973
10-15-2013, 11:46 AM
Yeah, Chips's BD sets are awesome. I think I have 27 volumes and many still get play time.

What are you listening to these days. I'm still stuck on Prog and Fusion.

Wow... i don't know that my tastes have changed that much. Still a lot of bluegrass/newgrass, some country, some indie-folk. Still have a very special place in my heart for acoustic style music. Have been revisiting some classical lately, and also some jazz. I've really kinda cooled on the jam-band stuff, though i still listen to some. Funny how the older i've gotten the less i like the noodling... especially when it gets off track. I've been recently playing around with Spotify and have absolutely loved some of the "new" stuff i've discovered. Much of it actually old stuff that i've just not heard yet. In the process of merging my iTunes with Spotify, which has been fun.