Kenwood Basic M2A cutting out... [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Kenwood Basic M2A cutting out...

jtckf
10-13-2013, 08:32 AM
Hello, new member with a problem. I've had the Basic M2A since it was first introduced. I've blow some fuses before..no big deal I fixed them..But now it's cutting out to only playing 1 channel(the left plays only)..doesn't do it all the time, but lately its been doing it more often. I'm not going to part with this amp. Has all the power and sound I need...Any ideas would greatly be appreciated

harley .guy07
10-13-2013, 10:32 AM
Do you have any local electronics repair places near you. I would say that you have something in the circuitry going bad or you have one of the level knobs on the front malfunctioning. I had a friend that had an older system that was mostly kenwood that used that amp and he liked it as well. I would say that having a person trained in electronics repair to check it out would be the best bet.

thekid
10-14-2013, 01:37 PM
I owned a couple of the Kenwood Basic series a while back. I had a similar problem with one or two of them which turned out to be cold solder issue with the inputs. Take a look there and see if moving your connector cable between the amp and pre-amp causes the channel to cut out. If so then most likely a little bit of solder is all that is needed.